Watermark of handout photos.

delko

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All.

I would just like to know if i do a photoshoot with a model for free to give her photos for her portfolio.
Am i allowed to add a watermark of my name on the photobat the bottom?
I know it is some form of marketing.
Im only doing it as a hobbie so im not looking for business or anything.
I think it just look more professional.
Im refering to tfcd and tfp photoshoots,.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanx :)

Okay thank you.
At this moment i have just been giving them normal jpg without any frames or watermarks just been converting my raw files to jpg using DPP.
Were just wondering what is the correct way....
Thank you

If copyright law in South Africa is anything like US copyright law, you own the copyright, and can do whatever you want to photos you take, like adding your name, a logo, or a copyright statement at the bottom.

Since you are doing it for free, she should have little or no expectation of being able to make any kind of demands.

Since you are doing it for free, is it a fair assumtion she is not actually a model yet? ModelMayhem.com - Lighting Setup Tutorials: basic to advanced

Newmodels

TFP means Time For Print

KmH said:
If copyright law in South Africa is anything like US copyright law, you own the copyright, and can do whatever you want to photos you take, like adding your name, a logo, or a copyright statement at the bottom.

Since you are doing it for free, she should have little or no expectation of being able to make any kind of demands.

Since you are doing it for free, is it a fair assumtion she is not actually a model yet? ModelMayhem.com - Lighting Setup Tutorials: basic to advanced

Newmodels

TFP means Time For Print

Ussualy i am extremely nice to them for giving me a change and helping me by posing. So I do what they want and trying to keep them happy but this one model did some color changes and played with the contrast and brightness but in a amateur ignorance way which felt like it was destroying my work. I love photoshop when it is done correctly. So its really time for me then to be less flexible and more professional?
I know this might be off topic .....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back