Watermarks

ilyfel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been having an ongoing debate with myself as to what my watermark should be. I mostly do corporate stuff for adds and etc so I don't usually need watermarks..

But I have been having more and more offers for senior pics, and baby pics and etc. With those I didn't put watermarks..but I have been thinking that I should so my pictures don't get stolen..

Now here is my dilemma I have a really long first and last name.

Felisha Nesahkluah

Now most of my friends call me Fel so I wouldn't mind using it but still..

Fel Nesahkluah

is still pretty long. I used felphoto for a while but I don't think is to professional..

My signature is even longer than it looks!!

What should I do?!?

I just put "Cecillia's Photography copyright 2007" and my logo on the stuff that pertains to horse stuff.
Felisha Nesahkluah doesn't seem to long to me personaly.

I just put "Cecillia's Photography copyright 2007" and my logo on the stuff that pertains to horse stuff.
Felisha Nesahkluah doesn't seem to long to me personaly.

yeah but "Felisha Nesahkuah Photography Copyright 2007" is kindof long to be having at the bottom of a picture. lol

Felisha Nesahkluah Photography is so long to me.. on a wallet size pic it takes up all the room...

OH! You are putting these on printed images. Sorry. My bad, I just put my WM on digital images.
What about your initials only?

hmmm.. idk about that.. I tried that but my initials look funny when I write them lol..

When I use a border I have no problem putting my first and last name but when you do senior and baby pics and stuff they don't want borders and they don't usually look good..

most of the stuff I do can't have watermarks on them.. But some that I'm doing now I want them to have it..

What about just your first or just your last name?

And sorry if this is a thread jack but you put a WM on prints you sell to clients or just the proofs?
I'm still learning hehe. Please forgive my ignorance!

well it may help not to write out copyright and just use the symbol
©. You could do something really simple with your initials. Those two letters are pretty easy to be creative with.

Well I mostly do corporate stuff. like posters for pizza hut and etc. those type of things you don't put WM on.. Now if I do stuff for modeling agency's depending on what they use them for is wether or not i put WM on them. If its going in a mag I don't. If a model comes to me for a portfolio I do. Now that I joined the site I also don't want my pics stolen.. or anything so I'd use a WM.

But when I do shoots for clients and don't put wm i make them sign saying they WON'T have anyone claim them as their own and that they will give me credit somewhere.

I used felphoto before and i want something diff.

Nope! I believe copyrighting for artwork is free... I forget EXACTLY how it goes... lol

yea well if i used © '07 wouldn't i have to pay for the ©?

I'm no expert on this. If you wanted to make it a legal copyright then you would have to register it. However, you don't have to pay to use the symbol. It's one thing to register a logo to assist in legal action if it's stolen, but I have no idea how you go about registering all your images. I guess you could register a collection? Maybe others will chime in to help you on this. Sorry

You can also embed information about you and your images in the file information. This can be easily removed, but it may help prove it's yours.

IMO, Watermarks that prevent people from reusing your work on the web normally ruin it for sharing.

I'm no expert on this. If you wanted to make it a legal copyright then you would have to register it. However, you don't have to pay to use the symbol. It's one thing to register a logo to assist in legal action if it's stolen, but I have no idea how you go about registering all your images. I guess you could register a collection? Maybe others will chime in to help you on this. Sorry

You can also embed information about you and your images in the file information. This can be easily removed, but it may help prove it's yours.

IMO, Watermarks that prevent people from reusing your work on the web normally ruin it for sharing.

I'm sorry I don't understand the bolded..
I have 2 reasons for wanting WM
1 so it dont get stolen
2 so ppl know its mine. =D

I'm sorry I don't understand the bolded..
I have 2 reasons for wanting WM
1 so it dont get stolen
2 so ppl know its mine. =D

sorry - Some people get a little carried away with watermarks and they go across the enitre image, which IMO ruins it. However, it does have to be significant enough that it can't be easily edited out.

I also think it helps to not post an image that isn't heavily compressed and resized.

Most reactions

Back