Watermelon C&C

laynea24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did these for free to get some practice at mini sessions. I learned a few things.

1. Aim to arrive way before I need to arrive in order to get everything set up. I am late everywhere I go! While I did make it in time to get it set up before my first session started, I was rushed.

2. Prepare for people to be early/late. One person arrived 20 minutes early and another arrived 10 minutes late! I asked for everyone to be there 5 minutes before their appointment time. When I decide I am good enough to start charging, I will require a deposit and if they are x minutes late, I'm not going to wait and they forfeit that deposit.

3. Have a backup assistant ready to go in case the other assistant flops. I asked my friend if she would help me with the shoot. Her only job was to hold the reflector. She was late. She wasn't cooperative. She complained the whole time. If I had a back up lined out, I would have called them in!

Here are two of the photos from the sessions. The sessions lasted 15 minutes and I gave them each five photos. C&C is very welcome!

$LBB_7875eresize.jpg
I wish she would have made eye contact with me!

$LBB_7976eresize.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Pretty decent shots. VERY precious! Some day the kids will truly appreciate these wonderful shots!

Pretty decent shots. VERY precious! Some day the kids will truly appreciate these wonderful shots!

Thanks, Derrel! That means a lot coming from you!

#2 is an outstanding capture; one of the cutest 'kid' shots we've seen here in a while. I wish the blades of grass in the foreground weren't there, but the image is still strong. Well captured!

#2 is an outstanding capture; one of the cutest 'kid' shots we've seen here in a while. I wish the blades of grass in the foreground weren't there, but the image is still strong. Well captured!

Indeed! OUTSTANDING! Look at the background! The yellow dandelions! The red wagon WITH the manufacturer's own B&W wagon icon/decal on the side! Watermelons in the wagon! THE CLASSIC WHOLE-LENGTH CUT SLICE! The melon seed on the kid's chin! BLUE bib overalls,WORN SHIRTLESS??? zOMG, it's like an advertisement for pure, old-fashioned summer fun! AND it's conceived AND framed as a "tall", with ALL of the space used well and contributing.

Thank you so much!

What tirediron said. He's spot on.

#1 is cute, but it doesn't jump out at me as a "wow, that's *good*" it's just a charming picture of someone's kid. No technical problems that I can see, just nothing to make me love it.

#2 is awesome, and for whatever reason, it does jump off the page with a "wow, that's *good*"

What tirediron said. He's spot on.

#1 is cute, but it doesn't jump out at me as a "wow, that's *good*" it's just a charming picture of someone's kid. No technical problems that I can see, just nothing to make me love it.

#2 is awesome, and for whatever reason, it does jump off the page with a "wow, that's *good*"

Thank you! Yay! This is the first photo I've posted with overall good feedback. Adding it to my portfolio!

I'm not good enough to C&C, but had to say how cute that second shot is, love it. I didn't even notice the blades of grass in front of him. Gorgeous!

Indeed! OUTSTANDING! Look at the background! The yellow dandelions! The red wagon WITH the manufacturer's own B&W wagon icon/decal on the side! Watermelons in the wagon! THE CLASSIC WHOLE-LENGTH CUT SLICE! The melon seed on the kid's chin! BLUE bib overalls,WORN SHIRTLESS??? zOMG, it's like an advertisement for pure, old-fashioned summer fun! AND it's conceived AND framed as a "tall", with ALL of the space used well and contributing.

Yep, what he said. Very fun to view and I love the seed on the chin

Most reactions

Back