Watermelon Salad

TCampbell

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Even though it's Independence Day here in the US, and it'd be traditional to do some outdoor grilling, it's 101ºF and entirely too hot for anything off a grill.

With that in mind, we thought we'd start with a couple of Mojitos and this tasty watermelon salad. Not a serious photo... I just grabbed the camera & shot.

IMG_4990 by Tim Campbell1, on Flickr

Incidentally... that's chèvre cheese and crushed pistachios with a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Yes... it was tasty! :D

Colours seem a bit heavy for such a light fruit as the watermelon, and for such a light meal like a salad.

Sounds tasty though.

Colours seem a bit heavy for such a light fruit as the watermelon, and for such a light meal like a salad.

Sounds tasty though.

The watermelon was fairly rich in color, but the color is natural (unless they're doing something to the food on me that I don't know about.)

I only applied two adjustments... white balance (since I hadn't really intended to photograph this, it was taken under incandescent light and had quite a yellow cast to it) and I "dodged" some of the shadows since I didn't position any lighting (all I had was the basic overhead room light.)

No saturation or color adjustments were done.

I've never had this before -- it was something my other half had remembered (he probably had something similar at a restaurant.)

Thanks for the comments Mike & GG!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back