Waterproof Point & Shoot

Provo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in the market for a waterproof camera that I can take with me snorkeling nothing fancy just a point & shoot. What would you recommend and why?

Olympus and Casio are making two very good under water cameras right now (dive rated to like 10 feet) the Stylus Tough 6000 and the Casio G1 are both sub-300 and no housing is required. Out of the box and into the water

I appreciate the help but looking at the d10 it records 650x480 at 30fps 33ft depth is not bad however best buy does not carry the camera and I have $150 in best buy rewards to spend if not I loose them. So I wanted to contribute that amount to offset the cost.:thumbup:

I like the pentax w90 it does 720p @ 30fps 6m/20ft depth I also like the olympus stylus tough 8000 the downside is no 720p but it does take nice underwater shots movie mode is only 15fps which blows.

But guess what BestBuy is sold out on the pentax in both colors :( I think I will try calling them tomorrow with the sku # and see if I can get lucky in nailing a last one by any chance.

I have the Olympus 1030SW, it is waterproof, dust proof, freeze proof, drop proof, pretty much nuclear holocaust proof. All that and after about a year of owning it, the flash quit working... Too lazy/cheap to get it fixed. I still use it outdoors and underwater. It does take crappy movies, but I rarely ever shoot in move mode with any of my cameras.

I would reccomend one of the other brands listed.

p!nK

My Sister-in-law has/had one of those Olympus SW cameras. She's pretty clumsy and pretty much destroyed their previous camera, so her husband got her this one. I'm not very impressed with it. The screen is acting wonky and the WB seems to jump around on them.

Most reactions

Back