We, The Lightning Bolts, Fear the Photographer

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Bloody lightning evaporated the second I arrived on the scene, so my first attempt at shooting lightning was somewhat of a failure... however, I thought these skies were pretty interesting so I thought I would share. (there is one teeeeeeeeny little bolt in one)

C&C appreciated as always, thanks!

== 1 ==
Lightning Attempt - Failed - 004 tpf.jpg

== 2 ==
Lightning Attempt - Failed - 015 tpf.jpg

== 3 ==
Lightning Attempt - Failed - 033 tpf.jpg

== 4 ==
Lightning Attempt - Failed - 045 tpf.jpg

Well, you've got more in your attempts to shoot lightning than I ever have!
I can't even boast with one teensy-weensy lightning ;).

I like the third best (as a "sky photo").
What is it that makes the town looks so "on fire"?

Cool effect on the skies. As LaFoto says it looks like the town is on fire!

...My first attempt at lightning bolts....I overexposed...:(

I got the bloody thing, too bad it is in the middle of a blown out sky...

----------------------------------------------------------------

At first I did not read the text and I was going to say something about lightning starting a fire to chase you away...but I decided I would go a head and read it first :lol:

I like the third one, the blue just feels better.

Well, you've got more in your attempts to shoot lightning than I ever have!
I can't even boast with one teensy-weensy lightning ;).

I like the third best (as a "sky photo").
What is it that makes the town looks so "on fire"?

haahahah... so I should be proud of my lightning midget. :lol:

Thanks, I think the third is my favorite too... the lightning colored above that cloud bank in a more natural way, but wasn't enough to kill the orange tones.

There was something in the color of the lights in the town coming through the haze that made it glow orangish.

Oh you know what... that's probably that damned prison. :lol: I used to live a bit west of there and I used to get angry because on a hazy night it would light up the whole damned sky orange. Well it's about time that stupid prison gives something back for all my frustration. :lol:

Cool effect on the skies. As LaFoto says it looks like the town is on fire!

Thanks!

...My first attempt at lightning bolts....I overexposed...:(

I got the bloody thing, too bad it is in the middle of a blown out sky...

Well, clearly lightning shots are not easy. I was just sitting in the back of my wife's SUV with the stupid tailgate open, hitting the shutter release over and over and over again.... and getting nothing. :lol:

Oh and the ONE TIME there was a streak across the sky? I was looking at my stupid PDA trying to pull up a radar map! ARGH!

Not to mention the mosquitoes. :lol:

At first I did not read the text and I was going to say something about lightning starting a fire to chase you away...but I decided I would go a head and read it first :lol:

I like the third one, the blue just feels better.

hahah...

Thanks for the comments!

Well, clearly lightning shots are not easy. I was just sitting in the back of my wife's SUV with the stupid tailgate open, hitting the shutter release over and over and over again.... and getting nothing. :lol:

Oh and the ONE TIME there was a streak across the sky? I was looking at my stupid PDA trying to pull up a radar map! ARGH!

Not to mention the mosquitoes. :lol:

I was standing on the basketball court shooting with a FD 50mm at F/22 at 30 sceond exposure time....Stupid me did not think after looking at the meter and seeing that it was telling me I needed to shoot at f/22 for 30 seconds for a proper exposure for the sky....then the sky lit up.....Facepalm City on that one :lol: I'll scan it over vacation, when I saw how badly the print came out I didn't even bother, who knows my scanner might find something theirs didn't. I'm confident it's junk but what the hell, right. :D

I was standing on the basketball court shooting with a FD 50mm at F/22 at 30 sceond exposure time....Stupid me did not think after looking at the meter and seeing that it was telling me I needed to shoot at f/22 for 30 seconds for a proper exposure for the sky....then the sky lit up.....Facepalm City on that one :lol: I'll scan it over vacation, when I saw how badly the print came out I didn't even bother, who knows my scanner might find something theirs didn't. I'm confident it's junk but what the hell, right. :D

God I hate things like that... I actually wonder how it would work with lightning anyway because on some of my exposures where the sky wound up being lit up, but there was no bolt, I wound up with a shot that looked like it was taken in broad daylight...

I should probably research exactly how to take lightning shots before trying it again.

Most reactions

Back