Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hmm...it seems I should have submitted this one for "Weather" submission :S

But now I need good critique on this :)

hidsun.jpg

You should have, Moni!
This looks like it could have been a possible winner in the "weather"-contest!
Are these the colours you saw?

If these colors are realistic, then kudos, but it looks like it was way over-magenta saturated in PS. I'm led that way because even the blown-out highlights in the breaks in the clouds have a definite magenta cast to them.

I kind of like the composition, but it pulls the eye in two totally different directions, and I'm not sure what the primary subject is supposed to be--the rip in the clouds or the tree on the hill. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, because in this shot I think it works.

Also, overall the focus looks a tad soft--that could be an illusion from the cloud formation though. Was this shot hand-held or tripod shot?

Thanks LaFoto :)

No actually as Shark said...I've increased the hue so that it takes a look like a paintings :)

And this is hand held shot :S

Again thanks you two for your valuable comments :)

Its a very good shoot.

I kind of like the composition, but it pulls the eye in two totally different directions, and I'm not sure what the primary subject is supposed to be--the rip in the clouds or the tree on the hill.

After looking at the shot, that is my thought... I would have tried tried to posiition myself on the ground so the tree would have be right beneath the tear of the cloud. This may or may not be possible with time you had to take the shot.

I also wish there was just slightly more 'hill' the picture just to balance out the sky - this is just a personal preference.

The colour cast bothers me just a bit, not because of the colours, but because of the way it looks on the misty bit of the hill. For me, that bit of colour on the hill distracts me. I don't mind the colouration of the sky.

Good work Moni, thanks for sharing that!

Most reactions

Back