Web Design for Photographers?

royabear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have a good reference for photographers to get a web site. I am exploring possible designers, but keep coming up with one man shops, etc. I am looking for a GOOD small business or company that has a good website of their own. I would like to have at least 5 to compare. If you have had a website done by a professional (not template codes, I do not know flash) can you please give references for an ORGANIZED company who will take my photos and create a gallery, or someone who offers content management with a site that I buy? I would also like to look at YOUR PERSONAL SITES that you are happy with, and maybe contact info for the person who made it.

My budget is $1000 max. Thank you!!!:confused:

I do some web designing and it wouldnt cost anywhere near 1,000. I could direct you to a couple I have done.

here is a cool place to search web companies. if you want a firm to set up your site and not just a "one man show" then you might spend a little more then $1000. you'll get what you pay for too. going with a firm, they will work with you and help you maintain the web site after its developed. there are also a lot of legal issues that you need to watch out for. I'm in school to learn web site development and I'm amazed at how involved it is. what you see on the actual site is just a small piece.
http://www.digitalthread.com/

Does anyone have a good reference for photographers to get a web site. I am exploring possible designers, but keep coming up with one man shops, etc. I am looking for a GOOD small business or company that has a good website of their own. I would like to have at least 5 to compare. If you have had a website done by a professional (not template codes, I do not know flash) can you please give references for an ORGANIZED company who will take my photos and create a gallery, or someone who offers content management with a site that I buy? I would also like to look at YOUR PERSONAL SITES that you are happy with, and maybe contact info for the person who made it.

My budget is $1000 max. Thank you!!!:confused:

Is there a reason that you don't want a one man shop? Some of the best pages I have seen were done by a one man shop working freelance. You get a better price and end up with a web developer that gets to know you as a person and a client. It ends up getting more personal and you get a better site out of it.

Pick the right guy and he will be with you a long time. Pick the wrong small company and you get a new "developer" every 3 months when they change jobs.

Tim

It's a one man shop but here are some sample sites from Barrett Hemmings. ([email protected])

compassfrisco.com
remedy4thisheart.com
hlineclinic.com
poshprincessdecor.com

I bet that he can give you a much better deal than what a company will give you.

He is going to be doing my site for me... I am doing some engagement and wedding (second gun) shots for him in trade. :)

Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back