Website builder for photographers?

wix.com ftw. Like the drag and drop when you build it and its a cheap monthly subscription.

Wow. The spammers are all over this thread.

Don't know if you're still looking, but 350pages has a great gallery feature. It'll resize your photos on upload if you request, and the layout options are pretty simple. It's all template based so you don't have to worry about design or code.

I used "wix.com" to design mine- under the recommendation of another photographer on these forums. I just copy the embed code from their site, and past it into my own web domain folder. It's been very simple, and worked great for all I need :) You can view the site in my signatre.

+1

Photography by Guillaume

[FONT=&quot]For photographers like you, it is best to build your own website and make it as your online profile. If you have built your own, you can make experiments on what information you want to feed to your visitors. It’s a plus factor![/FONT]

Please don't try to make your own website, 9/10 times it ends up looking like crap. If your doing it for fun, by all means go ahead but if you are trying to make it as a professional then your website needs to reflect that. These days having an online presence is so important, and could win clients over a competitor.

Plus if you want a successful website, there is more to building a website than a little bit of html/css.

Hi, I appreciate my suggestion may be a little late, but I created a really nice website in HTML 5 & CSS3 using a website builder callled BaseKit.

Anything beyond the basics and I use WordPress, with the occasional foray into Drupal if appropriate.

It used to take me 40 hours+ to design, cut and build even a basic custom-designed WordPress site but I’ve cut that down to about ten with BaseKit. I just wish they’d enable whitelisting of their CMS, but that isn’t a huge deal really.

For just a portfolio (I don't shoot professionally, other than selling the random print/canvas), I use a 500px account, loaded by a domain that re-directs from Go Daddy.

It's in my signature, it's fairly an automatic process.

[FONT=&amp]For photographers like you, it is best to build your own website and make it as your online profile. If you have built your own, you can make experiments on what information you want to feed to your visitors. It’s a plus factor![/FONT]

Please don't try to make your own website, 9/10 times it ends up looking like crap. If your doing it for fun, by all means go ahead but if you are trying to make it as a professional then your website needs to reflect that. These days having an online presence is so important, and could win clients over a competitor.

Plus if you want a successful website, there is more to building a website than a little bit of html/css.

Website building services cost $500+

I built my own website using dreamweaver and cs4. I would like to have had it professionally done but it was cost prohibitive since photography is primarily a hobby for me at this stage in my career. As I build my portfolio I will eventually have someone create a professional website for me. I am primarily a landscape/nature photographer that prints my work on canvas and sells it as fine art. If I was an event or portrait photographer I would think that a professional website would be a must to generate and retain business.

Everglades, Big Cypress and Florida Keys Photography www.stephenshelleyphotography.com

I was Looking at using either "photocrati" or the "king size" theme for a site and saw Tammyb's post; It shows you can build a beautiful site with the right tools/creative eye.
I'm wondering what's involved in linking a theme to a pre-existing address? I booked in with a web builder for this tuesday just so i could get the theme linked to the address and then go from there solo, but i would really love to be able to do the whole thing myself.
A matter of working out where to start.
I have used php and ftp before(+a little MySQL) but on systems set up by someone else. Any advice??
(a link to some work. It's old, and on a nikon site...yes i really need my own site!)

My Nikon Life photo gallery. Water drop by peareg, photographed with a NIKON D70s

I used Adobe Fireworks to design my site and then imported it into Dreamweaver to upload it. For my galleries I use lightroom to build the galleries since it does all the coding and gives you a lot of different set ups.

Shutter Release Photography

It's not a completely polished product, but it gives me a basic place to start I guess. For hosting I use justhost.com, hosting is pretty cheap and you get a free domain name with purchase.

Most reactions

Back