Website Critique?

The 'site seems quick and well laid out; I assume that there will be more images in your portfolio page soon? Is it supposed to be "About me" or "About us"; if the latter, who are the others? Just a minor point, but it may give the wrong impression. Have you actually given any thought to your pricing or did you just take a guess? Your 4x6 prices out at $0.47/sq in, but your 8x12 is only $0.31/sq in. I would remove the digital files from the price list altogether. By all means offer them as a product, but only after you're sure you can't sell prints, and boost the price. AT LEAST 2-3x!

I LOVE your art work! Good start for the site!

The 'site seems quick and well laid out; I assume that there will be more images in your portfolio page soon? Is it supposed to be "About me" or "About us"; if the latter, who are the others? Just a minor point, but it may give the wrong impression. Have you actually given any thought to your pricing or did you just take a guess? Your 4x6 prices out at $0.47/sq in, but your 8x12 is only $0.31/sq in. I would remove the digital files from the price list altogether. By all means offer them as a product, but only after you're sure you can't sell prints, and boost the price. AT LEAST 2-3x!

Your so onto it! haha yep "About Us" needs to be changed to just "About" thanks! and yep Ill add more to the portfolio work will be added some stage soon (Ive been in a mad rush to get A&P photos up before the other photographers there!)
Thanks for the price advice, i might bump them up a wee bit, but I also dont want to make everything so expensive it stops people buying? Cant really take digital files off either as they are the biggest seller, should I just out that price up too? - I've already raised it from just $10 o_O

... Cant really take digital files off either as they are the biggest seller, should I just out that price up too? - I've already raised it from just $10 o_O
Don't take them off the market, just the list. Make people ask for them; use it as an opportunity to up-sell prints and wall art. My digital files start at $65.00!

***** I feel like I'm really under selling! The most expensive equestrian photographers in NZ (the ones who also work for the magazines) there digital files would be about $30 max - I suppose as a rider myself I dont think I'd pay much more than $20 for a digital file

***** I feel like I'm really under selling! The most expensive equestrian photographers in NZ (the ones who also work for the magazines) there digital files would be about $30 max - I suppose as a rider myself I dont think I'd pay much more than $20 for a digital file
My market is probably quite different than yours, but how much would you pay for a beautiful 20x30 metallic float wrap of your horse? It's a lot easier to sell when you can show examples of printed work. I wouldn't concentrate that more on actual portraits rather than the 'action' shots, especially if you have young, female riders (aka horse nuts). I'll bet your can wring Mom and Dad for a good chunk!

Site looks great to me! Very professional...

loads fast, easy to navigate, dynamic.

:thumbyo:

If you're going to use your website to get new clients via the search engines, you REALLY need to read my SEO for the Photographer link in my signature.

Most reactions

Back