Website feedback?

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a forum on here for that? I thought there was, but I can't seem to find what I thought was there...lol

If not, maybe I'll get some response here. Ch,ch, check it out - Jess Owens Photography

Yep! In the Marketplace section of the forum, there's a "Personal & Professional Photography Websites" area.

I did take a look though. Like your site! :)

Spell check is your friend: "consistency" not "consistancy."

Font on the Information Page I find to be maybe a bit much. It's very very very curly! It's pretty good for headings, but if there was a simpler but stylistically similar font for the actual information content, I think that might be a nicer choice. On my browsers, the off-white rectangle the text sits on should be larger. The right hand side text creeps very slightly off the edge, and I think you want a nice generous margin around the text anyways.

Reconsider the smilies on the About Jess page. I think they're a little.. something. Not bad, necessarily. There's a certain breeziness and youth implied, maybe? Regardless, they say something about you and you should consider if that's what you want to say. Also the "xo!" signoff has some of the same flavor.

The Home, Gallery, Information, and About Jess pages are all perfectly nice designs, but they're not as stylistically connected as they could be, I think. Your logo moves around and changes size as I click from page to page. I don't know how important that is, really, but getting them to look more similar to one another would, I feel, create a more polished look to the whole thing.

Adding a blog is always risky, since you gotta update the damn thing! Yours is no exception, the most recent post is Dec 2012, and contains a commitment to blog more ;) Also, the blog is disconnected from the web site, all the links on it go to someplace else, including to a quite different About Jess page. Also, everyone knows bloggers are dumb and mean.

Some mod will probably move it to the right place.

That's what we pay them for, isn't it?

Font on the Information Page I find to be maybe a bit much. It's very very very curly! It's pretty good for headings, but if there was a simpler but stylistically similar font for the actual information content, I think that might be a nicer choice. On my browsers, the off-white rectangle the text sits on should be larger. The right hand side text creeps very slightly off the edge, and I think you want a nice generous margin around the text anyways.

Reconsider the smilies on the About Jess page. I think they're a little.. something. Not bad, necessarily. There's a certain breeziness and youth implied, maybe? Regardless, they say something about you and you should consider if that's what you want to say. Also the "xo!" signoff has some of the same flavor.

The Home, Gallery, Information, and About Jess pages are all perfectly nice designs, but they're not as stylistically connected as they could be, I think. Your logo moves around and changes size as I click from page to page. I don't know how important that is, really, but getting them to look more similar to one another would, I feel, create a more polished look to the whole thing.

Adding a blog is always risky, since you gotta update the damn thing! Yours is no exception, the most recent post is Dec 2012, and contains a commitment to blog more ;) Also, the blog is disconnected from the web site, all the links on it go to someplace else, including to a quite different About Jess page. Also, everyone knows bloggers are dumb and mean.

Thanks you, that's a lot to think about!

I like the "about" type sections. I agree that I could use a bit more refinement - I'm probably (ok, definitely) not aiming at the right market, especially with this section. Any suggestions on rewording, as to hit a "classier" and more mature audience?

The logo doesn't bother me, but the bolded part of your quote... do you mean a completely different page? Like the link is incorrect? Or different as in doesn't mesh?

I'm working on the blog issue at the moment :)

Jess, on the Information page, on my screen the Portraits information goes off the background color, not sure if that was intended or does not do that on other peoples screen.

Amolitor- never mind, I see what you're saying. A different "about" page on the blog. I got rid of it.

Ron- Good to know. I'm still figuring that part out. I'm on a 24" at work, so that could be why it's too wide.

Also, Ron - it's inconvenient and I'd like to fix it so it isn't, but anytime you have that problem on a site try doing ctrl and - at the same time.

zoom in and out, got ya. I have a zoom slider on my ergo keyboard here, but that shortcut is good to know.

At some of the zoom out ranges, it was all inside the color.

On the Contact page the header About Jess & Contact overlap. I would put periods in the phone number. Maybe add a Contact link in the page headers? Very nice site and not too busy. Easy to navigate too.

On the Contact page the header About Jess & Contact overlap. I would put periods in the phone number. Maybe add a Contact link in the page headers? Very nice site and not too busy. Easy to navigate too.

OMG! Not only that, but the contact link doesn't exist anywhere else except the info page!!!

I played with the homepage - how about that heading on every page?

Most reactions

Back