Chicagophotoshop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chicagophotoshop.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
www.chicagophotoshop.com

your thoughts/comments/suggestions/praise:)wink:) is much appreciated.

For the record, I do not consider myself a professional photographer. photography is more of a hobby of mine. my site's goal is to give people a view of the great city of chicago as well as give others an opportunity to showcase their work (of whatever they like, not just chicago related).

I intend on keeping this a work in progress and adding many more photos and neighborhoods as well as other photographers' work. thanks for checking out my thread :)

You have a very nice site with a lot of good images. The images you have would certainly make you a professional photographer. The website design is neat and look professional. I thought the pricing was on the high side since I thought most 5X7 sell for $5 but I don't know what the expenses are so....

You have a very nice site with a lot of good images. The images you have would certainly make you a professional photographer.
thank you very much for your nice comments. much appreciated.

The website design is neat and look professional. I thought the pricing was on the high side since I thought most 5X7 sell for $5 but I don't know what the expenses are so....

as for pricing, I have been struggling to find whats right. I guess to keep in mind for just prints, shipping is free and framing is professionally done. (as opposed to some cheap target frames). but yea, pricing is something I have to think about further. and thank you for your input, its exactly what i'm looking for.

Great photos on there - and I love the site. As far as pricing goes I would go the other way and say it's a little on the low side... so you're in the right range. Your photos can justify the price.

Anyway... back to the site. I'm in the middle of redesigning my website. It was setup to deal with my major income source which is weddings. I have been trying to setup a section for my fine art prints and have gone through half a dozen tries but haven't found what I like yet. I love the way you can choose the frame and the mat and the price is dynamic. I can respect it if it's a trade secret but can you share what you used for your site? Is it server side PHP scripting? Did you purchase a program to generate the code?

Feel free to PM me if you want to keep it quiet... but that's exactly what I was looking for.

Again - nice work. :thumbup:

Great photos on there - and I love the site. As far as pricing goes I would go the other way and say it's a little on the low side... so you're in the right range. Your photos can justify the price.

Anyway... back to the site. I'm in the middle of redesigning my website. It was setup to deal with my major income source which is weddings. I have been trying to setup a section for my fine art prints and have gone through half a dozen tries but haven't found what I like yet. I love the way you can choose the frame and the mat and the price is dynamic. I can respect it if it's a trade secret but can you share what you used for your site? Is it server side PHP scripting? Did you purchase a program to generate the code?

Feel free to PM me if you want to keep it quiet... but that's exactly what I was looking for.

Again - nice work. :thumbup:

thanks dewey. thanks alot. part of what I'd like to do on the site is make it a platform for others to sell their work. much like you see for Daryl Lockwood. he is a friend of mine and isnt ready yet with his photos.

if you are interested in something like that, send me an email to [email protected] or the contact us on the site.

I'll send you a pm regarding the site. thanks again.

Wow, nice site all around, I like the order page too.

My only real criticism is you shouldn't disable right clicking, to me it looks unprofessional.

Oh, and it might look better if the image was smaller and the options were to the right of it instead of below it, right now things just don't look like they fit nicely together, and that's why the options are below, but it maybe not, something to play with I guess.

My other question is, have you looked into using Prototype? Should make some of that extensive (but nicely done) Javascript easier to code, I know it's already coded, but might wanna look into it for future coding.

Anyways, I'm impressed, I really like it, good job

Wow, nice site all around, I like the order page too.

My only real criticism is you shouldn't disable right clicking, to me it looks unprofessional.

Oh, and it might look better if the image was smaller and the options were to the right of it instead of below it, right now things just don't look like they fit nicely together, and that's why the options are below, but it maybe not, something to play with I guess.

My other question is, have you looked into using Prototype? Should make some of that extensive (but nicely done) Javascript easier to code, I know it's already coded, but might wanna look into it for future coding.

Anyways, I'm impressed, I really like it, good job

thank you very much for your comments mr e. I will share your thoughts with my web designer. very good feedback, thank you.

Very nice! The navigation is nice! It makes me want to go take the Metra in and photograph the city today, lol. Love the photo of the Bean!

Beatiful photography!
I'd move all your text to a seperate page titled "info" or something though. You want to bombard them with great visuals. And you have plenty to chose from. Lose the front page text, and enlarge those wonderful photos.
:)

Beatiful photography!
I'd move all your text to a seperate page titled "info" or something though. You want to bombard them with great visuals. And you have plenty to chose from. Lose the front page text, and enlarge those wonderful photos.
:)

thank you so much for the nice and useful comments. I will do that.

Most reactions

Back