Website - Online Proofing/Ordering - Etc

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm sorry I know this has been asked before. At the moment I have a million tabs open trying to find what I'm looking for. Basically I am looking to create a website where I can have general infos and galleries and then a section where clients can see their images and order directly online. Here's the catch: I would like to set the prices and make a profit. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it. I just set up a smugmug account but I'm not sure if that's what I want. I've also looked into collages.net. I need something that has a designer built in (I don't know HTML). Also, if a client orders online, how does the money get to you? And do the prints come to you or straight to them? Thanks!

I use Photocart. It's an application that is loaded right onto my web site. You can set your prices, layouts and about 100 other things...it's very customizable.

http://www.picturespro.com/pages/photography_shopping_cart/

The orders come to you, then you have to have them printed somewhere, send them out and collect the money. You can take cash/check/money order...or you can set up a Paypal account or set yourself up to take credit cards directly.

I use photocart as well. I would like to be using IntotheDarkroom but I'm waiting for them to improve to where I can have more customizations like photocart. Eventually when they have that ability, I will switch.

Hi,

I am a web designer and have implemented many custom systems like this before. You tell me how you want your website to work and I can set it up exactly how you want. You can set your own prices/ sizes in the admin section, payment is taken through paypal or a range of other methods. Heres my website if you want a quote anyway:

www.wemustdesign.com

and a website I have just finished that has does the same as what you are asking:

www.your-event-photography.co.uk

Most reactions

Back