Website pictures

Rhys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm making slideshows for my website using individual images and html pages (it's clunky but it works a ton better than flash or web galleries). The problem I'm getting is that the resized images using Photoshop Elements start out sharp but when they're downsized they're awfully fuzzy. Is there better software out there than this or do you have to sharpen each image as you go too?

It happens whenever you resize shots - all you have to do is run the Unsharpen mask over the photo to restor the lost quality -- as you are making these for sale I would try to get the new resharpened shot to look as close to as sharp as the original, rather than as best as it can look.
some info:
http://www.juzaphoto.com/eng/articles/jpeg_save_for_web.htm

Make sure you are viewing them at 100% magnification (or 50% etc.). When you resize an image, the magnification may change, and some of the steps don't look as good as others...but viewing at 100% should give you a good idea.

I'm working my way through the image galleries on my site at the moment. Trying to find things to put under each section that I actually have a release for.

I'm beginning to dislike website building even more now than before.

Most reactions

Back