Website setup for selling prints

crashintome1019

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
New here to the forums. I actually joined so I could get my hands a little dirtier in the online photography community. First question I have is regarding the building of my website. I know enough about building websites that I feel I can get by, by building my website myself. I already have a domain name as well as web space. My current perdicament is that I print through WHCC, I would like to set up a portion of my website using an ecommerce type system that allows me to set CUSTOM prices as well as send all orders through me first before I personally forward them to WHCC to ensure proper sizing, etc. I wasn't sure if there was an affordable way to do this. I know WHCC uses SmugMug for a similar host, however I find it a little pricey to do month to month. I don't anticipate the sale of my prints to offset the cost of the website a whole lot. This is simply for my own personal joy and so I can provide a few of my patrons with a product if they do choose to purchase some prints. A little extra cash on the side couldn't hurt either. So ultimately my goal is to do this as low-cost as I can. With the damain name and space I've got about $100 into the website per year as is, that's a price I don't mind eating. From here I'd like to keep the spending to as little as possible. Is there a template out there or any photographer/web designers out there who may be able to provide any expertise please? Thanks!
-Ryan

Im not familiar with WHCC but what I would start off doing is looking on their site to see if the have any partners they work with (other than SmugMug of course). I know ZenFolio allows you to create a sub domain such as galleries.yourdomain.com which can be integrated into your site. They have a lot of print vendors to work with and custom pricing.

Photo cart is a one time purchase. You import it to your own websie or have the company do it for you for a fee. No monthly fees and you have to fulfill the orders manually.

Thank you guys! I appreciate your help. I think something that's closer to what I'm looking for is Photo cart. $350 is a tough pill to swallow though. I'll figure something out. Thanks again!

I also use Photocart (as do most wedding photographers I know). It's not the cheapest solution, but it's a one time purchase and they have great customer support etc.

Most reactions

Back