website

maybe a photo on the front page to draw people in

and prices for other services....and alot more photos. I wouldnt really hire a photographer unless i saw 20 photos in the type i was hiring for

okay, should I remove the maternity and family sections off the website? I am not really focused on maternity and families.

yeah if you are aiming for weddings i would devote it to weddings. I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and I have hired several photographers so I can just go by what i look for

Thanks Craig,
I just added some new portraits however they are not showing up. It normally takes a few hours for them to show up.

Any other comments or recommendations? I really appreciates everyones help so far!

Most definitley use photographs on the home page rather than the "About" description. I would move the "About Photographer" information to another page. You want to catch a person's eye right off and all the text isn't going to do it for you. ;)

i might be kind of nitpicky, but personally i would like to see a better "Bollinger's Photography" header at the top. to me, it just looks a little generic. it's the first thing i saw when i opened the page and it didn't make me want to look at your pics. once i looked at your work, i felt different, but upon first opening the page i wasn't immediately drawn in. honestly, i was expecting pretty amateurish work. again, maybe it's a small detail but as someone shopping around for a wedding photographer right now, i know there's a ton to choose from, so this might make me just skip past to the next site.
hope that helps.:wink:

You actually DO want text on your front page because this is what Google uses for rankings. The text must be very targeted and use key words, not just a generic introduction. Search Engine Optimization is a very specific skill set (there is a ton of info on it on the web).

Also, we work with a great logo designer (examples: http://www.2techchicks.com/index.php/portfolio2/C16)

What is your price range for that? I would have to check what their cost is to the public, but I believe it is around $150 (don't quote me on that).

This might sound bad but your site looks like you built it from a free template, The code is slow.
If I was looking for someone artistic, I would expect their website not to look like it was a free download.

You need to get rid of all the free scripts you are running, it is slowing your site down and so is hosting your site pictures on photobucket will also slow your site.
Everytime your site has to do a call out to another site (Photobucket,Counter, rightclick script) It is all slowing you down and prevents people from seeing your site.

It looks like a "free download" b/c it is a free download, lol. I know I need something better such as maybe a flash website. However, at this time I cannot afford it.
I would appreciate if anyone had a website designer would isn't too expensive to spread the word. I would LOVE to upgrade my website at a reasonable price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back