wedding...C&C

well, since the negative aspects of these pictures have pretty much been beat to death, I will try and focus on a few positive aspects.
#2 was not a bad idea, but definitely needs some WB and exposure correction. same with #3, although the WB was not off near as much.
#3 was a nice shot. the background was lacking, but overall a good attempt. the exposure and WB were better on this shot than the rest.
#4 has a very bad tilt. it doesnt work well for this photo.
I like #5 despite not being a fan of B&W, and would like to see the color version.
your photos are OK to edit so...i took a very quick stab at the two i thought were the best, even though they were low resolution versions.

hope this helps some, and dont get discouraged.

-Jason

View attachment 38288
View attachment 38289

It did help her in the dress, but that shot is blown out! I like the bottom photo! It looks more balanced.

Did your second shooters pics come out ok too?

well, since the negative aspects of these pictures have pretty much been beat to death, I will try and focus on a few positive aspects.
#2 was not a bad idea, but definitely needs some WB and exposure correction. same with #3, although the WB was not off near as much.
#3 was a nice shot. the background was lacking, but overall a good attempt. the exposure and WB were better on this shot than the rest.
#4 has a very bad tilt. it doesnt work well for this photo.
I like #5 despite not being a fan of B&W, and would like to see the color version.
your photos are OK to edit so...i took a very quick stab at the two i thought were the best, even though they were low resolution versions.

hope this helps some, and dont get discouraged.

-Jason

View attachment 38288
View attachment 38289

It did help her in the dress, but that shot is blown out! I like the bottom photo! It looks more balanced.

not quite blown out. you have to pick your battles. a little bright on the whites -vs- underexposed, and way too cool with the WB all out of whack. in my edit, the blue tint from being over cool is gone, the dress is actually white, and the background grass is actually green. the downside of having to fix the WAY off WB was sacrificing the dress highlights a bit. for a 20 second LR edit, it was as good as I was going to do on a low resolution image. unfortunately, I didn't have much to work with. no offense bunny, but if you think your original image is better, you have entirely missed the point of everyone's C&C here. I was really TRYING to go to bat for you here, and help you out a bit.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back