Wedding Contracts

this is superb.

not too long but covers everything i need.

is it ok to nick some ideas.

Thank you so much Cindy

Just a note to Canadians. Remember to change 'state' to "province", "check" to "cheque"

Really good of you to post that here, i'm sure it will be very inspirational to a number of members, so thank you !

I simply read it out of interest since i'm not professional, nor do i shoot weddings. :)

Seems like a really sound agreement.

Under 'FORCE MAJEURE' the phrase 'put not limited to' should read 'but not limited to' i believe ? :wink:

Thank you again :thumbup:

FORCE MAJEURE
If Visions in White or its assigns, cannot perform this agreement due to a fire, casualty, strike or other civil disturbances, Acts of God, including put not limited to, road closures, severe traffic, fire, terrorism or other causes beyond the control of the parties, or due to the photographers illness, then Visions in White shall return any moneys paid by the client, but shall have no further liability with respect to the agreement.

in this part you say you say if you are il you will return money and have no further liability

and in the SUBSTITUTION

you say

continued:

SUBSTITUTION
In the event of illness or sudden event out of the control of both parties, Visions in White will substitute a photographer at no cost to client. This contract will be transferable to said Photographer.

you then say you will substitute another tog.

i am on my own how can i get around that if i should become ill

this is great....BTW I found an error on here:

FAILURE TO PERFORM
Due to the limited and subjective nature of the event, neither Cindy Crabb or Visions in White can be held responsible for requested photographs not taken or missed, lack of coverage resulting from weather conditions, or schedule complications caused by but not limited to, anyone in or at the event, or by the church or location restrictions. The photographer is not responsible for lost photo opportunities due to other cameras or flashes, the lateness of the bride, groom, or other principles. The Photographer is not responsible for the lack of coverage due to weather conditions, scheduling complications due to lateness of individuals, rules and restrictions of venue, or the rendering of decorations of the location. Clients are responsible for all location fees and permits

shouldnt the first line read CANNOT be resposible for?

well spotted

Oh God! The spelling and grammer police! Hehe.
Thank you guys....spot on! I type too fast, and spell like a first grader. Thanks!

continued:

SUBSTITUTION
In the event of illness or sudden event out of the control of both parties, Visions in White will substitute a photographer at no cost to client. This contract will be transferable to said Photographer.

you then say you will substitute another tog.

i am on my own how can i get around that if i should become ill

I'm part of an emergency network. (You should be too).
In most cases, my husband would be the sub as main.

FORCE MAJEURE
If Visions in White or its assigns, cannot perform this agreement due to a fire, casualty, strike or other civil disturbances, Acts of God, including put not limited to, road closures, severe traffic, fire, terrorism or other causes beyond the control of the parties, or due to the photographers illness, then Visions in White shall return any moneys paid by the client, but shall have no further liability with respect to the agreement.

in this part you say you say if you are il you will return money and have no further liability

and in the SUBSTITUTION

you say

It does indeed. In short form, this is what they can sue me for if I screw up .....but only for what they paid me.

If it's worth a million bucks to them, they need to pay me a million bucks. If it's worth the going package price, that is in full all they can sue more for, contractually.

this is great....BTW I found an error on here:

FAILURE TO PERFORM
Due to the limited and subjective nature of the event, neither Cindy Crabb or Visions in White can be held responsible for requested photographs not taken or missed, lack of coverage resulting from weather conditions, or schedule complications caused by but not limited to, anyone in or at the event, or by the church or location restrictions. The photographer is not responsible for lost photo opportunities due to other cameras or flashes, the lateness of the bride, groom, or other principles. The Photographer is not responsible for the lack of coverage due to weather conditions, scheduling complications due to lateness of individuals, rules and restrictions of venue, or the rendering of decorations of the location. Clients are responsible for all location fees and permits

shouldnt the first line read CANNOT be resposible for?

Sorry, grammar police here too, but I believe it is already correct. She said NEITHER Cindy Crabb OR Visions in White CAN be held responsible. Sounds right to me! :)

And, a long time ago Cindy shared her contract with me and I have been so thankful that she did. I have made some changes along the way of course, but it has worked out great so far.
Thank you Cindy!

Most reactions

Back