Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey gang,

I got my 20D back today, and had been saving the flowers from the wedding to shoot. Here's the best of what I took this evening, carefully arranging and lighting each piece.

Marge's bouquet:
bouquet.jpg

My boutonniere:
boutonniere.jpg

My mother's corsage:
corsage.jpg

The rings:
rings.jpg

And, a small montage:
flower_rings.jpg

Lemme know what you think :)

Wow...these are just fantastic. Seriously amazing stuff. And congratulations on getting married Matt, that's great!!!

They're all beautiful Matt!
The lighting is great on every shot. I especially like the last two. The bright reflection behind the rings really makes them *pop*! And the water to the montage is a great touch :thumbup:

Congratulations again!

The first shot of the rings is the best imo :)

Very Lord Of The Rings feel because of the way you've lit them. :)

Loved them all.. especially the lighting!!
The second and the fourth are my fave.

Oh my god, these are wonderful photos!

Did you made some exposure comp (like -2)?
Did you do any significant PS job?

Thanks

2 is awesome! :)

Thanks everyone! :)

Cumi: I shot them in manual and adjusted the aperture and shutter myself to get this look. There was no PS done to these at all. I added a tiny bit of contrast to some of them in C1 before converting them, but this is pretty much as is.

On thing interesting tip that I learned though: I was using a small desk lamp as one light source, and to create interesting colored light, I was using some colored CD jewel cases that I have. I used the real thin ones in red, orange, green, and blue. The blue is actually perfect to compensate for the orange glow of the tungsten light.

Great shots, Matt. I really like #2 and #5 but they're all amazing. Excellent lighting.

Congrats on the marriage.

:cheers:

Most reactions

Back