Wedding for C&C

Kerbouchard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cindy(bennielou) was kind enough to invite me back for another try at it. Same sort of situation. I was a third shooter and acted as a VAL on occasion in a few of the harder to setup locations. I had a blast and am learning a lot.

DSC_5023_filtered.jpg

DSC_5060_filtered.jpg

DSC_5034_filtered.jpg

DSC_5360_filtered.jpg

DSC_5126_filtered.jpg

C&C appreciated. Thanks for looking and thanks again to Cindy for the opportunity.

I like them! Especially your composition. I don't know where your focus is on number five, I hope it is the ring? Just looks like that big ol' diamond is missing its *POW*!
Hehe. Nice job!

Nice work! I'd try to vary from centered compositions, but these were well done. Good to see two TPF members working together! :)

i think it's just me, but the groom looks alot like a white version of Barack Obama, but with hair. anyone else see it?? :biglaugh:

Your shot of the cake seems to make some use of the symmetrical details surrounding it: The cake itself, the flowers in front, the window behind. Yet the image doesn't quite have the symmetry nailed down. If you're trying for symmetry and something small is off, depending on how laid back your clients are, it's generally okay to move something around to take a photo and then put it back. In this instance, moving the flowers in the foreground to the right a little would have allowed you to perfect the symmetry.

If you're in a situation where you're trying to use center comp and the symmetry is out and you can't fix it, you should try something other than the center comp.

Thanks, I do notice that a lot of the subjects are centered, but I have a question. We all know of the rule of thirds, but there is also a rule to fill the frame with the subject. It's difficult to do both when there is just a single subject.

Since I am actually a third shooter, I typically just try to get good, clear detail shots, architecture shots, etc. to be used to supplement the album. I do take some more creative approaches, too, but the ones that I like tend to be the simple, straight forward stuff. I'll keep your guys feedback in mind. I appreciate it.

I think #4 could use more ambient light. Could use higher ISO or larger aperture with lower flash power.

I think including all things, a good job is done....a perfect hand.

Just a tip for Wedding photographers...If you plan on doing "ring shots", make sure you get the bride to have her ring cleaned and polished the week before the ceremony!
I just see so many ring shots with dirty rings.

When I sell wedding bands, I tell the bride, or the couple, and I do it for free. :D

Did you take any shots in the portrait orientation?

Most reactions

Back