Wedding help

Artemis said:
Hate to be annoying but does anyone know any good wedding photography books?

I haven't read it, but 'The Art of Wedding Photography' by Bambi Cantrell is one that comes highly recommended on a wedding forum that I hang out on.

steve817 said:
I haven't read it, but 'The Art of Wedding Photography' by Bambi Cantrell is one that comes highly recommended on a wedding forum that I hang out on.

I have that book and it is quite good. She also has a new one specific to digital wedding photography. I agree with John that experience is going to be your best teacher. Books are good, and can provide some interesting ideas but I've found that browsing through other photographer's on-line galleries is an even better source, especially if you can see a whole wedding they have done from start to finish.

Rather than buying a book...why not get a bunch from the library? I have checked out quite a few books on wedding photography from the library. It's especially good because you can see that each author has their own style and methods. This is why everybody says that experience is the best leaning tool. It's only going to get confusing if you read one book and then your mentor/teacher tells you things that are completely opposite.

There is nothing wrong with doing some studying...but remember that everyone should have their own style so keep an open mind. You may have to learn & copy someone else's style for a while before you develop your own style.

Library or a weekend at the bookstore is a great idea, as there isn't an ultimate book on wedding photography. This is a highly subjective area with tons of individual styles.

Bambi Cantrell, Bill Hurter, Paul Gero are some of my fav authors in this field. You can't learn wedding photography from them. But you can observe their work, get inspiration and know how this is usually done.

Hey, I am going to a friends wedding that i'm taking photo's at but they have a pro photographer as well so there's no pressure on me but i'm just after a few tips as well, all the replies so far have been really helpful.

I'm pretty sure it is going to be outdoors so with my 28-105mm 2.8 do you think i'll need a flash?

Thanks

If you've got access to a flash bring it. I always use my external flash as a fill flash, esp outside when shadows can be harsh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back