Wedding i shot some time back C&C welcome

seakritter

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The flower girl was such a ill cutie and quite the ham, wondering how they look in B&W

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-2197868939.jpg
    $image-2197868939.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 141
  • $image-1412583552.jpg
    $image-1412583552.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 132
  • $image-2641720572.jpg
    $image-2641720572.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 154
She looks rather stoned in the first one, and the busy mess of folding chairs in the background of the third one sort of ruin it for me (although she looks rather wonderful herself), and she's rather blurry. The weird blur-vignette thing is awful, to my eye, but it's a wedding thing, I think, isn't it?

On the up side you've done a lovely job of getting detail into her dress without making it grey, and the second photograph is really quite excellent. I would have handled it slightly differently, but it's your photograph.

amolitor said:
She looks rather stoned in the first one, and the busy mess of folding chairs in the background of the third one sort of ruin it for me (although she looks rather wonderful herself), and she's rather blurry. The weird blur-vignette thing is awful, to my eye, but it's a wedding thing, I think, isn't it?

On the up side you've done a lovely job of getting detail into her dress without making it grey, and the second photograph is really quite excellent. I would have handled it slightly differently, but it's your photograph.

Thank you for the input, yeah in the 3rd one as in most of the candid shots I had a tough time avoiding the folding chair jungle, yeah I tried to blur them out and make it her own Little world, how else would you suggest making them less intrusive? I did quite a few next to the windows of both the bride and the couple together and more of her. The windows lined the sides of the building about every 8', quite the nightmare most of the time we are wanting light just not from every direction, lol. Thanks for you input.

"As I Wander"

Just say no to fake DOF. Rarely does it ever look good. Third image is no exception.

Are you converting these to B&W in post or are you relying on your camera's monochrome preset?

jowensphoto said:
Just say no to fake DOF. Rarely does it ever look good. Third image is no exception.

Are you converting these to B&W in post or are you relying on your camera's monochrome preset?

They were converted pp, and have abandoned the fake DOF

"As I Wander"

If you do an extremely radical dark vignette, to push everything else down to dark dark greys and blacks, and leave her as if spotlit in a quite dark room, does sort of work. I don't REALLY think it's salvageable, but if you think someone might really love it, it might be worth a try.

A spot of selective color (ugh) might help here, to conceptually separate her from the room, and make it look more like a little girl's dream. Make it subtle, for god's sake, if you must!

amolitor said:
If you do an extremely radical dark vignette, to push everything else down to dark dark greys and blacks, and leave her as if spotlit in a quite dark room, does sort of work. I don't REALLY think it's salvageable, but if you think someone might really love it, it might be worth a try.

A spot of selective color (ugh) might help here, to conceptually separate her from the room, and make it look more like a little girl's dream. Make it subtle, for god's sake, if you must!

Thank so much for the suggestions, I might give the first a try, I have a way to add a spot light mask over just her, I'll try and repost if it looks ok.

"As I Wander"

Since no one's mentioned it thus far... The compositions are quite centered. Try using the rule of thirds to make a more dynamic and visually appealing image.

Ok here's a quick try at a mask and vignette, it might be to hard I can adjust it to be less solid, so is this better? Worse? Or head in the right direction, or still hopeless. The only reason I'm trying to work with it is because I find it an interesting pose as she was twirling around. I was I had caught more motion in the shot.

"As I Wander"

Attachments

• $image-3608366306.jpg
    $image-3608366306.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 149
o hey tyler said:
Since no one's mentioned it thus far... The compositions are quite centered. Try using the rule of thirds to make a more dynamic and visually appealing image.

Thank you for your input.

"As I Wander"

amolitor said:

Well I gave it a try, I'm beginning to feel number 3 may not be salvageable, I'll give it more thought but may just shelve it. Thanks again.

"As I Wander"

The last one-can you upload the original somewhere so that I can play with it? I'll explain to you what I have done after.

MLeeK said:
The last one-can you upload the original somewhere so that I can play with it? I'll explain to you what I have done after.

Ok, I'll look for it.

"As I Wander"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back