wedding on new years

may i ask what DOF do you need to achieve #6? I'm a newbie...thanks

it looks like about a foot of acceptable focus . . . it was shot with at f/1.8 at 85mm

i see...........i guess i need a faster lense with larger aperature indeed........i can only go as high as 3.6 at the moment.....anticipating my 50mm f/1.8

haha, i know! theres actually another michael hudson photographer, if you google my name you get his websites! damn!

there are at least 2 other John Hudson photographers, and they've both been emailed when the person was looking for me by mistake! what a great name ;-)

incidently, i'm shooting my first 2 weddings this year, kind of begrudgingly, but what kind of lighting did you use for these shots? some external strobes or just a good flash with a diffuser, or what? while your at it, what kind of lenses did you use? ;-) so many questions

lighting, hmmm...these actually were all with a nikon sb-800 for flash, bouncing straight up, to a wall, at an angle, with and without diffusers.

and i'd actually seen your website before.

lenses. . . while perhaps a little on the long side with the smaller nikon sensor, i love and i mean love my 85mm f/1.8. and i also used the 18-70 kit crap lens out of need not want.

well they all look very nice. I"ll probably use my flash in a similar way, i have a stofen diffuser that gives a little softer touch sometimes. Ive got a few primes, but might be looking into getting a 17-55mm f2.8, or the 85mm f1.8.

Is your 85mm sharp at 1.8 or do you usually stop it down to like 2.8 to get the best sharpness?

yeah between 2.8 and 4 is prolly sharpest, but i've been happy with sharpness at f/2 and even 1.8

that last one was shot at f/2
. . . but i shoot wide open ALOT of the time

right!!!!

and thanks for the vote of confidence . . . i didn't make her look pretty she already was.....no just kidding.
she was half polynesian, and yes she was very pretty and had pretty good skin

Most reactions

Back