Wedding Photographer prices.

I have 3 packages,

1st one doesnt cover much.
middle 1 covers everything and is fairly priced.
higher package is too expensive.

you want them to buy the middle one.

Wow... this is an eye opener for me. I thought prices for doing weddings were around the 500's, and maybe 2,000 for a top pro...
Top pro wedding photographers command 5 figure minimums ($10,000+).

In some markets top pros can command over $50,000 as a minimum.

Wow... this is an eye opener for me. I thought prices for doing weddings were around the 500's, and maybe 2,000 for a top pro...
Top pro wedding photographers command 5 figure minimums ($10,000+).

In some markets top pros can command over $50,000 as a minimum.

In hollywood and new york maybe. put a photographer whos asking 20 000 $ to cover a wedding in small city and he wont eat alot of filet mignon.

post shots from your last 2 weddings and give us something to work with.

you could be worth 2k.

or you could be worth chicken or fish.

this should be the banner thread for the plight of the industry

The photographer in my area that I would hire to do my wedding (if I was getting married) has a top end package around $35,000. I can't even go there on whether you should be doing a wedding for pay or not. I kinda loathe weddings so I charge a lot more to make up for the fact that I don't really wanna do it. I figure if someone wants to pay that much for me to do it, I can get over myself and do it. The one piece of advice that I will give you is this- meet with them and give them HONEST examples of your work along with your pricing. Don't underprice yourself, but DO NOT over represent yourself. The last thing you want is them to end up saying, "We had no idea the pictures would look like this" and having paid a buttload for it. Be real. Don't get sued. Also, if you're going to start charging real money, you need to nut up and purchase liability insurance, pay your taxes, have a proofing/purchase solution for the bridge and grooms family members, etc etc etc. If you can't do those things, you really really need to think twice about whether this is what you should be doing.

Just because someone says they want to hire you, does not mean you should take the job. For realz.

What's with the ancient history threads?

well te man said he have just finished schooling so the average would be 3.000 just for shooting. That would be from the couple and the photographer to agree on prints and albums. depends also if he has a package.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back