Wedding Photography And Videography Together

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We're starting to also do video at our weddings. It's not a service that our clients pay for yet, but we're building skills and a video portfolio. Has anyone else been successful at both photography and videography for events? Any tips?

Videography and photography are totally separate entities. There is some cross-over of skills, but still worlds apart. Especially in post processing. If you think that photo post processing is long... wait until you get serious about post processing videos. Also a computer needs to be much more powerful for video processing than a compter optimized for photography, It is one thing dealing with 5-6 GB of RAW files for a full day's shoot versus 30-60 GB or more worth of files that you need to apply a filter on to reduce noise or modify the exposure settings. When done in professional manner, video editing is extremely time consuming.

Photography tips here abound no further away than a search, however this is the last place I would ask for videogaphy tips. Wait, let me suggest one... find a forum that specializes in videography in the same manner that we here specialize in photography. Grab a coffee, tea or beverage of choice, sit in a nice comfy chair and read, read, read and then... practice, practice, pactice. :)

I used todo some wedding videography, in comparison to photography, compositio is generally the same, but you have to preplan composition for multiple Cameras at once. At a minimum I would use two cameras, one camera has to have a wider shot and another, has a close up of the bride, another a close up of the groom, especially during the vows, puting the rings on fingers, etc. It's a good idea to storyboard the wedding for each camera, and be sure that they are providing a different view of each part of the ceremoney. Video editing is also an art form of it's own. Once you really get rolling video production will really be a whole undertaking of it's own, completly seperate from photography, other than being provided by the same company.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back