Wedding Photography help

ZyxKor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I told a friend that I would shoot his wedding. He knows I am not a wedding person. It's to save him and his wife some money. I only agreed because I am friends with both him and his wife to be. I have no interest in making this a career. It's a one off. Being as such I don't want to invest in books etc on how to do wedding stuff. I would GREATLY appreciate some pointers & advice on what is normally done and anything else that would help.

Big thanks in advance! :thumbup:

With all due respect... your attitude doesn't suggest that you should be the one taking pictures of their Big Day. As their friend, you should suggest that they go with somebody who has either the desire or experience to actually shoot a wedding.

Trust me, I told them that. They said it was me or nobody as they can't afford to hire a pro. Luckily I have some fast glass for indoor stuff. I really don't want to do it as I am not experienced in this and I don't want to screw up their big day. I've been looking for websites with wedding photo stuff and I found a PDF that is pretty good. Again, any advice is appreciated.

there's a whole section somebody has already written up on here for wedding tips. Seems to be pretty helpful

Yeah sorry if it's a tired theme. I found the big sticky in a different area. Search function didn't yield much high value stuff.

The thread in case someone else has the same questions and find this thread:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20069

I'm kinda freaking out about it. I really don't want to do it but they are my friends.

yea man I have the same situation coming up August 11th. Look up someposts by SouthernGirl. She had a pretty big thread reguarding her first wedding. But if you say you have some fast glass an some knowledge ofyour camera and such, you should be fine. Maybe go to the church and check out the lights and take some test pics and remember your settings. Then just take lots and lots of pictures there. Make sure if you flash, they allow it at the ceremony. And don't miss the important parts of the wedding. The DJ, of there is one, should be able to let you know times of the most important things. First dance, cake cutting, etc. I'm was really nervous, but got tired of worrying

Yeah, rely on the DJ, really informative at all the weddings I attend, I dont think so.

Do a google on wedding shots, take all shots on the list and hit the button on all else that catches your eye, go with the flow through the day, take plenty of memory and batteries, most of all enjoy it, without you he/she is not going to have the memories so shoot plenty. H

Most reactions

Back