Wedding Photography

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my very first paid wedding! Just a few pics of like 400! No way I could sit here and upload that many!! lol c&c please!

a10.jpg

h.jpg

p.jpg

a7.jpg

a.jpg

a9.jpg

d.jpg

a17.jpg

v.jpg

very good, #1 her ring doesn't seem in focus though, but i like them :thumbsup:

For your first paid wedding, they are ok shots. I will point to some things that I do not like so much. Overall, for your first, not too bad. I am assuming you ferreted through your pictures, and these are the ones that delighted you the most. So, I will assume these are the best.

1. I like this one
2. I have always liked the hanging dress, it's a must get for every wedding. I do not like the lighting and the shadow to the right.
3. You got a good shot. I know there is no way to candid catch this shot like you did, if you would have asked the person on her right to lower her arm just a bit to get her face. This face would have added to the photo.
4. I do not like this photo at all.
5. Looking to catch the details of the wedding, this is the details of a ton of glasses. This shot would have been very good, if the rings were in one of the glasses, or some other detail significant to the wedding memory,.... was inserted beside or inside the glass. Although it is a good pic, I am assuming it is one of the best, since it beat the rest for an appearance on this thread.
6. This photo does nothing for me, really kinda of Blah. However, I would pull your watermark out of the cake.
7. The only thing I see that could make this capture better, is the bastard flower to the left hand bottom being removed. It takes away. I do like this photo.
8. The background color could be better in this one with some PP work. It's an ok snapshot, but shouldn't make your list in beating out all the rest to make it here in my opinion.
9. You do not want my opinion with this one.

Conclusion: In all, I hope you take this well. These are just my thoughts, and hope you take something, and improve upon it. Don't get angry please, I employ you to do awesome just as I hope to one day do. congratulations on your first paid gig.

I won't go from picture to picture. And to be honest, everyone has their opinion into what looks good and how this could be changed to that. But in general, your pictures came out WONDERFUL! I have to shoot my first wedding today and tomorrow and I've been looking online ALL day at what others have done. With that said, if I saw your profile on your website, I'd think you're a pro.

Great job! Hope I get good result like yours today!

i agree with MohaimenK- i think you did a great job, some people get on here and just nit pick everything and get a little rude, i know that people want an honest opinion but this is the forum for beginners and so people should have more constructive posts verses just pointing out all you did wrong....
I think you did great :biggrin:

You guys are rediculous. Was I rude to post C & C? Has anyone given anything to help her grow, other than a congratulations. I think I was more constructive than you guys, cmon. She posted here because she wants help, not to show off. If it's to show off, she would be posting under another forum, or on her website. Essentailly, I'll follow the crowd then and say this then. Don't change a thing, do exactly as you did this time everytime. There is no need to learn or advance. We will not critic your work here, this is a place for congratulations only.

I see a lot of things over exposed. Things like the wedding cake, the window, mash potato she is scooping. Things like that can really ruin the whole photo.

You did a great job for your first wedding! The shots look well composed and the focus (on most) is good. Your B&W and Sepia look dull and do nothing for the images.

All-in-all... Good job!

Great pictures! I'm sure they'll love them. Take my C&C with a grain of salt because I don't shoot weddings...

1. Definitely have to take this picture for the wedding. Maybe a little more contrast, and it seems a tad out of focus.

2. About as good of a shot as you can get for a wedding dress profile. Overall though, not THAT interesting. Maybe a little post processing can make it "pop".

3. Nice. The focus is spot on. I wish I could see a little more of the face of the woman on the right, but you can't help that.

4. I like it, although it may look better as a B&W similar to your last one? Great photo either way.

5. I like it enough, and your clients will probably appreciate it as a shot of the wedding "preparation."

6. Maybe a different angle? I don't like the composition of this photo that much but maybe you couldn't help it.

7. That plant is bothering me in the corner. Otherwise, I really like this one...great job. Maybe a tiny bit of straightening?

8. Good shot, maybe edit out the tongs in the bottom left corner.

9. I think this is my favorite of the bunch...I love this B&W.

I see a lot of things over exposed. Things like the wedding cake, the window, mash potato she is scooping. Things like that can really ruin the whole photo.

Well, I noticed some blown highlights and stuff too, but for the most part I don't think anything ruined your photos. IMO, if the dress isn't overexposed, you're ok.

If the customer/client is happy and you're happy, it was a success. Sure you'll do better on your 10th wedding than your first one though. Keep it up, I'd personally be too scared to photograph a wedding.

Keep it up, I'd personally be too scared to photograph a wedding.

I feel the same way...even though people tell me I should try it, I wouldn't dare unless I was just the second photographer. I would be afraid I wouldn't capture everything they wanted...weddings are such a special, memorable event...:pale:

You have a lot of guts.

i agree with MohaimenK- i think you did a great job, some people get on here and just nit pick everything and get a little rude, i know that people want an honest opinion but this is the forum for beginners and so people should have more constructive posts verses just pointing out all you did wrong....
I think you did great :biggrin:

I thought SageMark had a pretty balanced and comprehensive list of positive and critical comments. He was encouraging and pointed out things to work on. Exactly what a new photographer needs to grow. The are good photos, but they do have flaws and the OP asked for C&C. No harm imo.

On a separate note, I almost never look to see what forum a post comes from. I see posts in the new list and when something looks interesting I wade in. I don't want to speak for SageMark, but he may operate in a similar way. Sincerely, I will start looking at where a post is coming from, though.

Where are the staged photos after the reception? Lets look at that ;)

This is the third time coming by this thread. I don't want to sound too critical because this is your first wedding. I'll say this because you mention that you were getting paid, so I'm assuming you're a wedding photographer.

#1 Necessary shot. Pretty much every bride and groom wants a shot of the wedding rings on. I think that being on top of a flower is a little kitschy and posed. The bride's ring is a little out of focus while the groom's is in focus. Maybe consider a candid shot of them holding hands, or maybe one by one and making a diptych, or have them "flip" you off with their rings.

#2 I think this is a pretty good shot. Couple of things to consider for future reference. Your photo is a little crooked. The metal hangar and cardboard insert leaves a "cheap" impression on me. Nothing YOU did per se, but I think a wooden hanger, or even a padded hanger would have made this better. If you're doing this more and more, consider maybe bringing along a nice hanger as a just in case, as this too, is a "necessary shot". Also, consider hanging on the window ledge. The sunlight can sometimes work as a natural light box and give you a nice diffuse (even wispy photo if the window was open) look. The straps and things hanging at the bottom - were they part of the wedding dress? Or was there another dress behind it?

#3 This is a keeper. Only two things I have to say is I wish they would have smiled (even just a little), but no biggie as its a stressful time. The other is that maybe a slightly different vantage would have worked better? The mother's arm is blocking her face. Maybe an angled mirror shot? Just a thought.

#4 Do not like this. Drab, brown colors. What are those plastic bags with plants doing at the altar? Again, nothing YOU are doing per se because that's a hard scene to get right considering the background and everyone's placement. No room behind the officiant to get a shot of the B & G. The little boy and girl are kinda cute though. You can tell they're getting impatient.

#5 Nice detail shot, but the glasses, especially the ones in the center front seem cloudy.

#6 Left side of cake blown out. Did they smile for you, or did you direct them to look at you?

#7 As with others, the plant at the left corner is distracting. Other than that I like the picture.

#8 Like the cheesy just-got-married!!! smile, but don't like that you got her right as she's plopping mashed potatoes on her plate.

#9 Really like this photo! Has a nostalgic photojournalistic flair to it. Well done. This shot would've worked very well standing in front of the jeep as well.

there are a bunch of pics here....

1. wondering it this was in color if it would look better. A standard shot of hands with rings is a must for all weddings but this one seems a bit bland? Maybe it needs some blur or something

2.the dress hanging is also a must, however, on the door with the hinges showing and the shadow, it isn't flattering...

3. Is my favorite picture

4. I like it

5. a bunch of glasses lined up... Maybe if they had their initials or something, but other then that, this could come from anywhere.

6. nice snap

7. It is a nice picture, but I don't know why they would want one of their metal chairs and tables? If the chairs were nicely decorated, maybe.

8. I'd stay away from the bride eating, unless it is the cake shot.

9. What is this?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back