Wedding Photos (alternative angles)

triggerhappy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Two very good friends of mine got married this weekend. They hired a pro to take the 'standard' shots, but asked me to document the day and to take candid shots.

I took plenty of standard candid shots of the bride's maids, friends etc., but also played around with some more experimental ones. Here are two of the experimental photos that I would particularly like critiqued.

The first photo is of the bride dancing with the girls towards the end of the night.

original.jpg

The second is the two of them taking the first dance. I hope it captures the chaotic energy of a wedding day.

original.jpg

OK.... I'll give it a go.

The first image is a bit of a near miss. I like the light streaming through the fog, but really need to see the bride's face. It's even a bit hard to know just what is going on. It's not really evident there's dancing going on.

While in the second view, the circular blur echos the rotation of the disc ball. A good idea. You just need a shaper, better exposed image to begin with.

I don't believe you're headed down the wrong road. It's just that you have a bit further to travel to make these good ideas work.

Thanks for sharing.

-Pete Christie

I agree completely with Pete. Both shots had good ideas behind them, but technically I think they could have been stronger. In the second, I think it would have been more effective to have the couple in focus and then the blur around them. With the first, I like the idea but a different angle might have worked better. Have fun and keep shooting, weddings can be a lot of fun!

Most reactions

Back