Wedding Photos In The Home Stretch

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It will be awhile before I take on a project like this again, but I'm mostly finished with editing. The wedding shots, reception, and the portraits are done except for a final check to make sure I didn't miss anything. This was another of my favorites of the day.

View attachment 176478

Last edited:
Looks good.

What do you think about the skin color? I've tried so many different tones that they're all running together. In looking at this one on tablet it's looking a little to orange. :ambivalence:

I think it's fine. It doesn't look like "normal" skin colour, but having worked with many older clients, I'm fully aware that skin does odd things as we age. You might try pulling just a bit of orange out, see what that does...

A very subtle degree of separation between the man and the black suit and the dark background. Very nice, very subtle. I like the way that you left the background looking pretty natural, And not lit with some garish halo of light.

Last edited:
@tirediron Thanks for commenting. In the case of these two, there is no "normal" . LOL I was pulling from an assortment of skin colors trying to find something that would bring the two together. I have another with just a tad less orange that I believe might work better.

@Derrel The background is like the "Is it live or is it Memorex" commercial. It's a layer of color picked from the darker area of her dress, I then used a radial filter feathered to darken it to the outside. The brightest spot is hidden behind behind him at about the center of the chest.

I think it's really nicely done. I wouldn't mess with it too much, leave it for a day or so and when you come back to it you might see what to do (adjust so it isn't too orangey if needed). Sometimes the more I look at something the worse it gets! I make myself walk away...

I think it looks really good.

I think vintagesnaps has hit upon something very important. And that would be walking away and coming back to a picture with a clear mind and a fresh Eye. Sometimes just a little bit of time between shooting and editing is Helpful. I myself have found this to be very important when a shoot is difficult to edit.

@Evertking Thank you!

@vintagesnaps and @Derrel yup walking away works most of the time but in this case I think I've worn a path to my desk. LOL I also find that I can switch off to other images in the set to edit. Sometimes just looking at a different image helps to see the direction to go. I've finished most of the edits (other then final finish) and started the final culling. I've also found sometimes it isn't necessary to agonize over an individual image, that in the end doesn't make the cut anyhow.

Looks good. I didn't realize the background was a layer until you posted. The skin looks fine to me. Looking at it small on the phone looks more orange than the desktop.

Looks good. I didn't realize the background was a layer until you posted. The skin looks fine to me. Looking at it small on the phone looks more orange than the desktop.

Yeah I did a test print, the orange had to go. Because of the skin problems I was trying to deconstruct and reconstruct with new texture and color. I went back in using original skin color and textures, which turned out much better on a test print. At least many of the layers and masks I was able to save, so it didn't take long.

Yeah I did a test print, the orange had to go. Because of the skin problems I was trying to deconstruct and reconstruct with new texture and color. I went back in using original skin color and textures, which turned out much better on a test print. At least many of the layers and masks I was able to save, so it didn't take long.

That is the best thing about layers and masks that you can go back and tweak. I'm sure the couple will be very happy with the final version.

Most reactions

Back