RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
EDIT

Last edited:
I'm sure the clients were happy!

For number 2, either a smaller or larger aperture was needed. The last guy is blurry, the second to last kind of blurry, the first two in focus. I'd suggest everyone in focus or just the groom.

Also, it seems like the highlights are blown in almost all. Grooms face in number 2, and the brides dress has lost a lot of detail.

IMO, when you shoot in an area where the background isn't very good (parked cars), I rather just not use the flash and get blown background so you cant see the parked cars.

#1 looks OOF
#2 all guys need to be in focus, IMO
#3 watch background, looks like tree branches are growing out of heads, some blown out highlights
#4 watch background, takes away from couple...the image had great potential, but the car and tent takes away from it

They're not bad. Just try to be more aware of distracting elements.

When shooting wedding shots try to find vantage points that do not include cars in the background. That is all.

Thanks to everyone who commented, as for the cars, I totally understand about "not shooting with cars in the background", however the other options were shooting with construction in the background, or moving the wedding - I didn't think I had the permission from the Bride to make that call! :)

The bride picked this location for sentimental reasons, and it is on a road, and while cars don't usually line the street, there was some construction going on right BEHIND the venue, which meant there was not a lot of parking. They asked them to move the giant yellow construction truck, but there was still an ugly fence and "do not cross" rope on the other side.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

Thanks to everyone who commented, as for the cars, I totally understand about "not shooting with cars in the background", however the other options were shooting with construction in the background, or moving the wedding - I didn't think I had the permission from the Bride to make that call! :)

The bride picked this location for sentimental reasons, and it is on a road, and while cars don't usually line the street, there was some construction going on right BEHIND the venue, which meant there was not a lot of parking. They asked them to move the giant yellow construction truck, but there was still an ugly fence and "do not cross" rope on the other side.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

What if you would have been on the other side? Was this an esplanade with cars on both sides?

Most reactions

Back