Wedding Photos & Video

PhotoAVE247

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello
What lens would you all suggest would be a great lens to record and take pics for a wedding & reception?
I currently use a 50mm. Which zoom lens would you all suggest that would help with getting footage from a distance without being in the way of the ceremony?

What's your budget?

Im a beginner & Im looking to spend no more than $250-500
However, I am open to different options and if it would make sense to make the bigger investment now then I would.

A wedding videographer friend told me he always has 3 sources of audio. If you are far away even with the microphone attachment the audio may not be very good.

A wedding videographer friend told me he always has 3 sources of audio. If you are far away even with the microphone attachment the audio may not be very good.
Thanks, I was planning to purchase an attached mic system to place on the bride, groom and officiant. Along with my camera mic.
Can you suggest any specific brands or mic systems your friend use?

Thanks, I was planning to purchase an attached mic system to place on the bride, groom and officiant. Along with my camera mic.
Can you suggest any specific brands or mic systems your friend use?

I don't know the brands he used. He is retired now. If the church has a sound board and the pastor with lavaliere, they may be able to record the audio file for you. The bride and groom may be hard to hear with only the officiant mic. We didn't hire out for my daughter's wedding and did the video low budget with my older video cameras. I have a consumer Rode's videomic pro. that was on the camera in front. The camera in the back had an older microphone. The third source was a GoPro on the floor in front. The audio was not good! The A/C blower fan ran during the ceremony. After editing the project, an editing friend cleaned up the audio file for me in a professional editor, Adobe Audition, and it was barely acceptable.

Mics fail or forget to be turned on. That happened with the camera in back at my daughter's wedding. My nephew remembered to turn the mic on about 10 minutes in and fortunately I had audio from the other 2 sources.

What make and model of camera are you using?

I have the Canon 85mm f 1.8 and used it with great results at friends' wedding recently. It is well within your budget and if you are Nikon I believe they have an equivalent. As it is a prime it may not be optimal video.

Most reactions

Back