Wedding pics

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
A friend of mine got married yesterday. The grooms dad is a wedding photographer and had one of his helpers shoot the wedding. While they were doing the "official" shots, I shot candids and did some posed shots with the people he wasnt doing pics with. How do you like?

nikkijoe1.jpg

nikkijoe2.jpg

nikkijoe3.jpg

nikkijoe4.jpg

nikkijoe6.jpg

nikkijoe9.jpg

nikkijoe8.jpg

Doug Raflik
http://www.dougraflikphotography.com

you got some nice shots.

i like the one of the bride showing off the ring to the bridesmaids

I love the fourth shot...I added it to my "inspiration" folder. The third is also very cute.

I agree with kacelle... 4th shot is really good! selective color is sometimes overdone in my opinion, but i think it works really nicely there. good work :)

-Dan

I have to disagree about the fourth one, While I'm just an amatuer, I think the selective colouring isolates the bride too much for my taste, and you can see the pink from the bridesmaids dresses showing throught the white of the gown, Maybe try removing all of the "pinky" tones from the dress? Not sure, All of the other ones are Dynamite though, I love the closeup of the rings with the flowers in the Background

Johno said:
I have to disagree about the fourth one, While I'm just an amatuer, I think the selective colouring isolates the bride too much for my taste, and you can see the pink from the bridesmaids dresses showing throught the white of the gown, Maybe try removing all of the "pinky" tones from the dress? Not sure, All of the other ones are Dynamite though, I love the closeup of the rings with the flowers in the Background

Yeah, Ill give you that the pink should be eliminated, but as far as isolating the bride... maybe if I explain what I was going after... I wanted to have 2 pictures in one. The "posed" look of the bride, and the "candid" look of the brides maids. (Even though that was posed) The selective coloring came to mind after the fact as an idea to further divide the posed / candid look to this photo. Not saying it works... just always trying to do something different. I leave it to you people to say if it works or not.

Doug

Most reactions

New Topics

Back