Wedding shots.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A friend asked me to do his daughter's wedding a couple of weeks ago....here's two shots.
697267756_6FPJz-L.jpg

697267716_qrMFj-L.jpg

I really do not like that blur effect in the images, specially in the second one

I really do not like that blur effect in the images, specially in the second one

Fair enough, can you tell me why? The wedding couple loved them incidentally.....my intention was to make aspects of the image stand out and for me this was achieved. I do think it's not something that should be used often.

I don't think the effect is so bad as the images it was used on. I don't like the people's faces being blurry. They look like they were smeared. :)

If it was just used on a bouquet without people or someone inanimate object, I would like it better.

But, the couple loved them, so that is what counts. :)

Hmmmm........#1 isnt working for me. The blur isnt giving me an easy feeling. I see that you were trying to focus on the flowers but I found my eye drawn to the back side of the two leaves in the one bouquet. And they are the least interesting thing in the pic.

I love the creativity you have brought to your pictures. I m sure w/ some of the suggestions people gave you, you could make them better then you already thought they were.;)

It looks like you added 'motion blur'....kind of makes me queasy.
If you are going to add blur, I'd suggest 'lens blur' or 'Gaussian blur'.

I don't think the effect is so bad as the images it was used on. I don't like the people's faces being blurry. They look like they were smeared. :)

If it was just used on a bouquet without people or someone inanimate object, I would like it better.

But, the couple loved them, so that is what counts. :)

Thanks Lyncca....indeed as they say, the customer is always right....however I wasn't convinced which is one reason why I posted. It was a tough situation, rainy day, shifting light and not that great an enviroment, very small space.

Hmmmm........#1 isnt working for me. The blur isnt giving me an easy feeling. I see that you were trying to focus on the flowers but I found my eye drawn to the back side of the two leaves in the one bouquet. And they are the least interesting thing in the pic.

I love the creativity you have brought to your pictures. I m sure w/ some of the suggestions people gave you, you could make them better then you already thought they were.;)

Thanks for the input Mishele....I should have arranged the flowers, but I like the expressions on their faces...even though they are blurred.

It looks like you added 'motion blur'....kind of makes me queasy.
If you are going to add blur, I'd suggest 'lens blur' or 'Gaussian blur'.

Thanks BM....I used a selective blur action in PS, agree though it does the head in a bit :D.

I have to agree with some of the other posters, the motion blur is too much for me. Selective focus with a blurred background (also known as shallow depth of field) would have worked well but this false sense of zooming forward might interest your client now, but 5-10 years from now they might not feel the same way.

I think this is a case where the lay client likes the effect, but us photographers don't. The client is the one paying your salary ....

Yea I agree as long as the client likes it, its all good. At the end they are the one paying.

I have to agree with some of the other posters, the motion blur is too much for me. Selective focus with a blurred background (also known as shallow depth of field) would have worked well but this false sense of zooming forward might interest your client now, but 5-10 years from now they might not feel the same way.

Thanks for commenting....I think you're looking at this from a photographers pov...naturally. Wedding couples look at their photos from a nostalgic one.

I think this is a case where the lay client likes the effect, but us photographers don't. The client is the one paying your salary ....

Couldn't agree more....I didn't get paid for this one, it was a love job for a mate.

Yea I agree as long as the client likes it, its all good. At the end they are the one paying.

Agreed.

Here is a non blurred shot.
702573841_ULNhf-L.jpg

If you are not charging them for the pictures and they like them, OK.
Otherwise, very poor quality pictures, IMHO.

If you are not charging them for the pictures and they like them, OK.
Otherwise, very poor quality pictures, IMHO.

It's comments like this that put people off posting on here. I'm fine with people commenting and disagreeing with my stuff, but at least qualify what you don't like.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks glad you like them.

This effect makes me somewhat dizzy.

Thanks for commenting.

Most reactions

Back