wedding Videotape

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend just asked me to videotape his son's wedding, since he knows that I do photography. I tried to explain to him that there is a big difference in photographing with a camera and using the video. I have never had much experience with the video camera, I would appreciate ANY tips that you can give me for videotaping a wedding. Where would you set up inside the facility?

I'm with Mike.

But, in the event that you do decide to do this ... at the one weding that I participated in that I remember (1 year ago), the videographer (who was the photographer) just set a tripod up in the back and videotaped from there. I would think the important part is swiveling slowly to catch the walking down/up the aisle, and zoom slowly up to the alter. For the most part, it's just sitting there on the alter and making sure that your microphone will pick up the sound from so far away and not the sneezing guy in front of you.

I thik it is alot more than that but I would not try to dissuade you to do it. Have fun with it, use your photographic sensibilities and try to do the best job you can. Remember, as much as I hate to admit it the video will be the most viewed memory form the wedding or at least the one that gives the clearest most complete picture of who they were at that particular point in their lives. Just remember to hve your batteries charged and have your AC adapter close at hand. And most importantly if you are using their gear familiarize yourself with it before you jump into shooting the wedding. You don't want any wedding day surprises.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back