Wedding..

blowjustinup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First time really shooting anything like this.. Normally I just use my camera for pictures of cars and whatnot. This was my cousin's wedding so I wasn't hired and paid for this..

Let me know what you think, check out the entire set here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/j...5846/

Individual photo comments are appreciated.

Here's a few..

2955985114_bce3ef354e.jpg

2955974124_e5a720a389.jpg

2955157507_2dfa038681.jpg

2955120397_db6a4f65e8.jpg

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Under the circumstances (Judging by the light, the sun was fairly high) you did quite well. Good DoF, nicely focused main subjects. (What the heck is the guy in #3 planning to bounce his flash off of???). The only serious critique I have is that given the natural light, an on-camera fill-flash would have helped greatly to even out the exposures.

OP
B

blowjustinup

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yeah, I really wished I had a flash, especially for the indoor shots.. I did use the on-camera flash for them and it helped a TON, but it just wasn't powerful enough for a lot of the shots I was trying to get.

The sun was really high, and right behind the gazebo, which made things pretty difficult. There was also a large lake right behind that so the reflection from that made some of the shots a bit difficult as well.

As for the guy in #3.. He was the actual photographer that they'd hired. As for what he was bouncing the flash off - I have no idea. I'd try to defend him saying it was angled like that from another shot he'd taken.. But like I said before, the lighting was so low inside that a flash was absolutely necessary.. So, I have no idea. Maybe he was trying to line up a shot before adjusting the angle of the flash.. Really.. I have no idea. lol

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks to me like he was just bouncing off of the wall.

LoL, his flash is at a very weird angle. In that photo, I noticed the zebra stripe (shadow) on the groom's face before I noticed the photographer. I am curious to see how that shot turned out. I highly doubt that he was able to bounce the flash correctly at that angle; unless he had a reflector (out of view) correctly angled to hit the subjects. At that super close distance, it might have just been a bride and cake photo.

shakiki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I'm a bit jealous of the wedding shots myself as I've got the HUGE task of doing a friend's wedding next month and this is my first time with an SLR so I'm WAY out there! With time comes patience and with patience comes good pictures (hopefully)!! =) -Suzie

johan.sie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i love them,
browsed through the set for a bit, i love the colors etc
and yes the only concern i would have is the direct harsh sunlight on the subject's faces etc, but not much you can do from there, maybe through some minor editing, i think your shoots has lots of potential to start with :)

a small tip here, try comparing your angle, exposure of your shoots to the hired photographer, i think it will be an awesome way to learn =)

Most reactions

ClickASnap