weddings and portraits

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I think that maybe "weddings & portraits" section should be called "Portraits & weddings" and should be nearer the top, there never seems to be many people in there, i think its getting a little over looked down at the bottom.

(hope i didnt sound too bossy there)

im fine with it either way honestly. sounds good to me.

md

huh? There's a wedding and portraits section?
I think I've only been in there once before. Probably because it is called "Wedding" and portrait section. Wedding photos don't really interest me atm so that's prolly why I don't go in there.

Doesn't matter to me, I post there regularly and I think it's not as busy because it's more geared to the professional side of Wedding and Portrait business but I don't mind a name or position change. Somewhat like the Alternative Techniques and Darkroom they have a core group that participates in that type of photography.

Meysha said:
huh? There's a wedding and portraits section?
I think I've only been in there once before. Probably because it is called "Wedding" and portrait section. Wedding photos don't really interest me atm so that's prolly why I don't go in there.

thats what i was thinking, im interested in portrait stuff but never been interested in weddings

A lot of wedding photography is basically just portraits, plus as Alison said, that section is more geared toward professional photography.

Most questions about basic portrait photography could probably be handled in the general forum...although I do think it's a broad enough topic that it could eventually have it's own forum. Lighting for portraits is enough of a subject just by itself.

Most reactions

Back