weddings and post processing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we are. This is what it looked like before a maximum of 4 minutes in photoshop (Can we say 'bland'?). Let me first say the one other thing that might have been done 'better' is framing to prevent the distortion but... before anyone hyperventilates that it isn't perfect sit down and take a breather :)

Luckily I had been here the day before when the sun was shining, the character of this building was shining through and the mountain source water was crystal clear with a lustrous hue. On the wedding day it poured cats and dogs and the water turned into scum, the colours were sucked in (but yay! no shadows, so I am not completely complaining) so with quick tweaking, it is back to the weather they had expected on their wedding day with some perks. I don't know about you but I would rather spend 1-4 minutes on each of 250 photos of post production to present better quality photos then just handing them the disc with the raws saying "Exposure is good and there are 900 for you to sort through"

Just an opinion of course
2198290701_8b11cfc93a.jpg

This is the final product
1995696264_05157af8c9.jpg

ok cat amongst the pigeons time.

wedding tog are expensive. FACT

the togs say its cause the hours they put in. FACT.

THERE IS A DAYS WORK AND ALL THE POST PROCESSING.

so if they took a great pic in the first place and did not need hours and hours of post processing would nt their job be easier and then they could lower their prices.;)

so the moral of this thread is take a decent pic straight off

No offense intended, but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

so the moral of this thread is take a decent pic straight off

And you would never be able to sell it. The touchup being done is art, not making the picture better because it was not taking properly in the first place, but making a good picture more sellable. Elsapet is a fantastic example of this, I doubt she'd have the same clientèle if she didn't post process the way she does.

Jols, Jols, Jols,

I've yet to lay my hands on a camera that takes blemishes off faces, or removes a pesky double chin on an otherwise beautiful emotional moment.
If you have found a magic camera like that, by all means, tell me where to find it, and I'll buy it.

But oh, if I buy it, I'll probably have to pay for it too. And since there is two of us, hubby will need one. More money.....

And I suppose we might need some lights.....

And some cards,

Oh, and maybe a lens or two or five....

Also, I might need a computer so that I can get the files off. And a desk to put the computer on, and a room to put the desk in.......

I'd go on and on, but the OP's statement in just to ridiculous to waste time on.

told u cat amounst the pigeons,

but ido know what im talking about i do weddings,

i have the gear but its already paid for i dont expect every person i do a wedding for to pay for it over and over again.

but then i am in the uk and most of you guys are in the usa so maybe thats are difference

Question for you....
Do you make your living by shooting weddings?

half my living.

but i dont need the money to pay bills

There's your answer then. If someone shoots weddings for their living, their prices have to be high to cover their costs of living.

If a photographer had a wedding every other weekend (some do more), the entire rest of the weeks in between would be spent on post-processing, meeting with clients, dealing with orders and prints and then making sure the final product reaches the client in a timely fashion. Sounds like a full time job to me.

In other words, the job doesn't end when the bride & groom ride off into the sunset.

Peanuts' post is a perfect example of why PP is necessary. You don't PP to 'fix' the photo, but only to 'enhance' it. Granted, it's tough to really 'enhance' a photo if it wasn't a technically good image straight from the camera. At that point all of your time would be spent truly 'fixing' it..if it was salvageable.

If your clients don't mind paying for the bland, straight-out-of-the camera shots, that's great. But there are many other photographers who have clients that demand a few steps above that in quality.

told u cat amounst the pigeons,

but ido know what im talking about i do weddings,

i have the gear but its already paid for i dont expect every person i do a wedding for to pay for it over and over again.

but then i am in the uk and most of you guys are in the usa so maybe thats are difference

What happens when your equipment wears out and you have to buy more?

And, i have to say, there probably is a difference between the US and the UK
Not to mention its a supplementary income for you... You DONT need it to pay the bills, and when you have a lag in weddings, you dont go poor:lol:

ok. so a tog spends a day say 12 hours doing a wedding.

then he spends 6 days say 10 hours a day doing the pp

then charges 5000 for a wedding or 3000

thats a nice wage for a weeks work!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back