weddings and post processing

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyway i think this thread is done.
It should be...but you've stirred up quite a hornet's nest.

You could look though society and pick out half of the people and say that they are over paid. The low to mid level employees of most companies, work much 'harder' than the president and the executives...but who gets paid more?

Politicians get paid lots of money, they even give themselves raises...and most would say that they don't work nearly as hard as the typical government employee.

Most wedding photographers are also business owners...so yes, they get the monetary benefits of owning a business...if it's run well. Part of running a business well...is charging enough to meet or exceed your needs...and still being able to attract clients to pay that much.

I've heard this time and again...but many photographers didn't start to really become successful until they raised their prices. They got more bookings, not less. And they also attract better, more cooperative clients.

However, there will always be a market for bargain hunters...so if photographers don't want to 'over charge' they can cater to those types of clients.

im not .

is 5000 pounds a week thats 10000 dollars a week not a lot of money in the usa
When you get to that point, you will probably have several other people working for you,
someone to manage you business,
Someone to answer phone calls,
Couple of assistants
Photo editor
And so on and so forth... Then you are paying for them to do their jobs too, and that money goes fast!

When you get to that point, you will probably have several other people working for you,
someone to manage you business,
Someone to answer phone calls,
Couple of assistants
Photo editor
And so on and so forth... Then you are paying for them to do their jobs too, and that money goes fast!

sorry i misunderstood.

i thought you meant 10 000 dollars for one wedding for one tog

Ohhh OK. If there is some photographer out there that charges 10,000 dollars for a wedding, I can pretty much guarantee that they have a bunch of people working for them.

sorry i misunderstood.

i thought you meant 10 000 dollars for one wedding for one tog

We were just going with the numbers you posted (which I was assuming wrongly were in euros or dollars). I'm guessing that those numbers are a bit high for your typical photographer and in dollars that would be a decent living but not exactly high on the hog where you could get it in pounds well that is an entirely different story and an entirely different realm of work.

sorry for not stating english pounds.

us brits are a bit dim sometimes:grumpy:

No problem it is just easy to forget where you're from when you don't have a location listed :) and don't worry us Americans are a bit arrogant at times :D (I try not to be but it is hard to remember that in an english language forum there might be people from other countries that are english speaking AND not assuming dollars) So a bit your bad a bit mine eh?

cool.

lets end this thread on a happy note.
and

we are all just happy snappers:lmao:

thats not happy slapping

oh

do you know what that is?

ok its not good.

people [mostly teenagers] run up to someone in the street and slap them around the face and film it on their mobile phone.

but its getting out of hand now with kids filming fights ect

ok its not good.

people [mostly teenagers] run up to someone in the street and slap them around the face and film it on their mobile phone.

Have yet to see that one... I've had random people jump on me and lick the side of my face but no one come up and slap me randomly... Also random group of 16 year old girls once surrounded me and started singing at me but yeah no slapping...

ok its not good.

Thats not very nice!

jols-
where the money conversion thing is concerned, i would say this- though i've only been to the UK twice i've noticed that the actual number price of things in the US and UK is pretty similar and maybe a little less in the UK
example: a meal you would get for 10 dollars in the US would probably be maybe 7 pounds (of course, after we exchange money it costs us more like 14 dollars) so don't look at the conversion rate. something we would pay 5000 dollars for might be like 4500 pounds (am i making sense?) as a bride to be myself, i've noticed most in my area are closer to maybe $2000. i would guess that would equal more like $1500-$1700 pounds. does that make sense? currency conversions don't work in trying to compare costs like this.:)

lick the side of your face now thats funny:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back