weddings-set price or packages

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would like to charge one set price for my weddings.

Do you think this is a wise move or do people expect to pick from various packages?

Many of the more successful wedding photographers I know, are moving to a one package/price system. The idea being that your day is worth so much to you...and you don't want to work for less.

Also, you don't want to book up with small wedding packages and have to turn away clients who are looking for a bigger package. If every package is your biggest, you don't have that problem.

That being said, many of these photographers also offer things like upscale albums or products.

I would'nt say i was hugely successful but i would like to go this way

1. cause its simple

and

2. less confusing for the client

ie they wont be ringing me saying can you do this or that when they have not read the details properly

I guess it depends on how much business you get. If you don't have alot of different clients many of the people you get will have the same taste. On the other side do you like to walk into a store and have no selection or choice or would you rather have a variety?. I think the more options you offer to a client the more chance you have of a client picking you over the guy down the street who offers lots of different packages. I say if you want to figure out what is the best way to go look at websites of some succesful photographers and see what they offer.

I use a various pricing system.

The first package is my base pricing.

Add products, add pricing.

And then I have the crazy expensive one, because some people confuse the most expensive with the best. :)

But what actually happens though, and this is an OLD sales tried and true gizmo: People don't want the cheapest, and they might not have the dough for the most expensive, so they end up going with one of the middle packages. A few more bucks in your pocket. :)

But what actually happens though, and this is an OLD sales tried and true gizmo: People don't want the cheapest, and they might not have the dough for the most expensive, so they end up going with one of the middle packages. A few more bucks in your pocket. :)
Good point.

One pricing strategy is to have your middle package as the one you expect most clients to buy. You then take out several features and lower the price a bit, to create your lowest package. The idea being that the lowest package serves to make your middle package look like a good bargain. Then you set your top package quite high...with the hope that some will "confuse the most expensive with the best".

I have three at the mo and your right most go for the middle one.

[half this thread has gone awol i wonder where?]

Most reactions

Back