Weeds/Wildflowers and sunsets

Reaction score
I don't know the names of these flowers. I think they are weeds, but they are pretty none the less. And a couple sunset photo's and a moon rise. all taken this evenin.
2006-08-07-020-yellows.jpg

2006-08-07-purple-flower.jpg

2006-08-07-052.jpg

Lookin to the East at sundown.

2006-08-07-sunset.jpg

Lookin to the West at sundown

2006-08-07-062.jpg

LOVE this series! The sunset shots with the hay bales are just stunning. Great job. (I like the flower shots too)

Thanks Antarctican, I just love sunsets and sunrises....Gods way of showin us his paint pallet, and no two ever the same.

Very nice collection! I really like the top flower image....good DOF, and a little bump of contrast would really make those yellows pop! The second shot is a little hot in places....the bright areas tend to be a distraction. Also, it could use a shallower DOF with the busy background.

The sunsets are very nice. Good job with the exposure not blowing them out...though I might be tempted to either a) crop a little off the dark, ostensibly featureless bottoms (esp. the first and last....the second one doesn't need much), or don't crop and apply a post processing graduated filter (like the one in Picasa) to the sky portion (this will provide the added benefit of slightly more vivid colors)....then lighten up the entire shot to get some more detail out of the foreground. You can see the hay bales, but seeing them so vaguely is just a tease. A suggestion for further applications is to get a graduated neutral density filter for your camera. They are indispensable for sunrises and sunsets.

Probably more critique than you were expecting. I get a little carried away sometimes. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back