Week 23|24 B&W Challenge: water

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This challenge will run until July 10, 2021.

The B&W Challenge is a fun thing, no competition and no prizes, this challenge will run for a period of two weeks. Please, only new photos taken during the duration of this challenge.

The challenge for the next two weeks is to photograph water. Visualize the result and use b&w to emphasize the curves and tonal range water provides. Reflections, ripples, oceans, bubbles, droplets, sprinklers, waterfalls, rivers, toilets. Maybe not toilets unless it's really creative and sfw.

Oh gosh, how convenient. I'm traveling to the Oregon coast next week!

This challenge will run until July 10, 2021.

The B&W Challenge is a fun thing, no competition and no prizes, this challenge will run for a period of two weeks. Please, only new photos taken during the duration of this challenge.

The challenge for the next two weeks is to photograph water. Visualize the result and use b&w to emphasize the curves and tonal range water provides. Reflections, ripples, oceans, bubbles, droplets, sprinklers, waterfalls, rivers, toilets. Maybe not toilets unless it's really creative and sfw.

Do we post the pictures right here and how many do we need to post?

Hi thanks for asking!

The purpose of these challenges is to go shoot and make new photos based on the theme. Post theme here in the thread for sharing and discussion!

Hi thanks for asking!

The purpose of these challenges is to go shoot and make new photos based on the theme. Post theme here in the thread for sharing and discussion!
Will do!!! I love these challenges. I just submitted a photo for the Spring 2021 challenge. I know I probably will not win, I just enjoy the challenges and sharing them with people. I will definitely submit a photo or two. Man I love this forum it is so much fun, I wish I had found you guys earlier.

After a drier than usual winter here we are having a dry and lately hot early summer. Lots of this going on in the garden.

IMGP8319ees.jpg

Enjoy your time on the coast.

Noob question here. So, to get this effect you bump your shutter speed up correct? Why I ask is because I have been trying to get this same effect with a waterfall here where I live and the waterfall is a decent size (maybe 60-70 ft) but I can not get it to do this. I was thinking maybe because the waterfall is so big that I can not, but I have seen some photos do it with waterfalls. I don't know just trying to get some tips. I kinda figured out the "misty" or "smokey" effect but not this one. Any help would be appreciated or maybe point me in the right direction (article or video). Thanks!

Do we post the pictures right here and how many do we need to post?
You'll enjoy this. It really forces you to improve. Just remember, these are new photos taken after the challenge is issued. It is a chance to experiment and share your good and maybe not so good results. @SquarePeg also runs a weekly challenge that is not limited to B&W.

This reminds me that all the docks in Michigan are removable whereas here in Virginia they are not. I spent my summers as a kid at a cottage on a lake near Kalamazoo. Now we have a "cottage" here on a lake in Virginia.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back