Weekend Report

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, it was a busy weekend to say the least but I kept the twin D-70s busy. Saturday morning I took a hike looking for birds and other wildlife. All I can say is I got lots of exercise :) and a few bird shots.

lynde20061212630.jpg

Then it was get ready for a wedding reception. The couple were married down south a few weeks ago but they had a reception here, as most people were not able to go down south. I did not get any creative shots in and really only took some group shots. These ones were the most fun.

wed2706.jpg

wed2714.jpg

wed2727.jpg

Then it was an early morning wake up call for Peter, aka Canoncan, and myself and we drove for one and a half hours in search of some Short Eared Owls. We managed to find them but I am very less the happy with the images I got.

fville20061222921.jpg

fville20061222898.jpg

I had about the same crappy result with a Hawk that was hanging around.
fville20061222906.jpg

Canoncan on the hunt
fville20061222926.jpg

Peter with Bill, another avid wildlife photographer we know
fville20061222902.jpg

Raymond tipped us off on a place where there were many Swans so we headed there.
ham20061222964.jpg

ham20061222961.jpg

ham20061223006.jpg

Just a few of the Swans that have gathered in one spot.
ham20061223026.jpg

ham20061223037.jpg

ham20061223038.jpg

Then the day fell apart. We got a tip about some Bald Eagles that were in the area. Well, lets just say we had two hours of rally driving through cemeteries and back roads and a climb up a set of stairs that almost finished Peter and I off. No Eagles, although we did catch a glimpse of one, but we did come across some Cormorants. It was very sad to see one with a damaged wing.

ham20061223060.jpg

ham20061223066.jpg

ham20061223072.jpg

Oh ya, somewhere in the blur of the weekend I got some pics of these guys.

ham20061222945.jpg

ham20061222980.jpg

I think I need to go back to work just to get some rest :)

Thanks for looking,

Eric

very good shots love the series

Great series!! 8, 10, 12 gets my vote!
10 is an awesome portrait! :D

Great series. Love the fun wedding reception shots, and seeing the photogs on the hunt with those big lenses. As always, the clarity of the bird shots just blow me away.

Gorgeous pictures, Eric, all of them! #2 & #3 are fun & will be a great memory for that couple. Love the Canoncan on the hunt shot & the swan feathers :hail:.

awesome pictures!! really nice set :thumbup:

Nice idea for some lively, funny wedding photos! :D

Of the bird pics I really like (are there numbers to the pics? No! Grrr!) --- count-count-count --- well, I think it is 14. It is the swan with its wings spread wide.

OF COURSE I like the photos of Peter and Bill and their tiny lenses ... erm...

And I feel greatly relieved to see that SOMETIMES (rarely, I know, but still...) you have trouble getting the bird shots that you wanted, too.

Do cormorants actually come this far inland then?
Then the big birds on that tree by the river can actually be cormorants?
Will get my last week's pics up for you to have a look and tell me. (All are the quality of your owl-pics here, though :roll: )

Thanks everyone, I’m still very upset my owl and Hawk images are so poor. That is the most frustrating about wildlife is seeing but not being able to get close enough for a decent shot. It is also very rewarding when you do get the shots and it makes the bad times worth the effort.

Eric

wow ...awesome shots again Airic. The wedding captures rock, but the swan pics are just amazing.

Most reactions

Back