Weekend Shoot

aprock83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of the pictures i took this weekend. I was wondering if there is anything i could do differently to improve this picture. Thanks in advance.
122048.jpg

The only thing that was edited was a slight crop and white balance. other than that it is straight out of camera.

Get more light in the eyes... they look to deep set and dark

Thanks, i knew there was something about it. i'm still trying to learn how to bounce flash with my speedlight and still have the catchlights. I might have to invest in another speedlight for on camera flash i dont like the popup flashes.

Thanks, i knew there was something about it. i'm still trying to learn how to bounce flash with my speedlight and still have the catchlights. I might have to invest in another speedlight for on camera flash i dont like the popup flashes.

Pop up flashes are evil. but i dont think i would run out and get a second speed light if you dont have to. there are ways to get bounce and a catchlight . A white pice of paper on your flash will help direct flash and if you need to reflect light back into the eyes you can use a reflector.

Its a nice portrait, but he's right about the clothes. May need to adjust some things using some type of editing software. I'm not very experienced but it seems to be over for sure, use the tools to soften the exposure.

Hopefully someone can give you some more detailed advice, im just trying to help!

Also, what aperture, shutterspeed, and iso did you shoot it at?

Camera: Nikon D100
Lens: 50 mm
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/125 sec, f/5
Date: January 22, 2011 8:58:43AM
Software: GIMP 2.6.8
Field Of View: 27.0 deg
File: 682 × 1,023 JPEG 617,717 bytes (0.59 megabytes) Image compression: 70%14% crop of the 2,692 × 1,795 (4.8 megapixel) original

EDIT: use a in browser EXIF viewer to find this. It helps out a lot when giving C&C as well as learning from peoples photos. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions. also thanks for the exif info i saved into a different format after converting from RAW so i didnt have the info. i think i shot at iso 200. Mayb ill check to see what my camera is set on for sharpening, i kno i can change that. I seen it somewhere in the menus before now to just tweek it. lol

I'm gonna play around with the image some more to see what happens. Also, I kno this is OT but what exactly is D-Lighting HS?

Most reactions

Back