Weekly challenge 1/2 - 1/8 Our fine feathered friends

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.
Michael, in general I agree that most of my bird shots have been with my 55-200 lens, but here is an example of one shot with my X100F as it was the one I had in my hands at the moment this female Junco started hopping around. It had the Fuji teleconverter which made it a 33 mm lens. This would be equivalent to a 50 mm lens on a full frame sensor.
My apologies for the shot being from last October, but I think it serves as an example.

You'll see that it's quite a severe crop, yet still works. First the cropped image and below the uncropped.

female Junco searching for food

50727409022_a472308c56_c.jpg

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
my favorite is in sun..but dark day doesn't hold me back..theres alot of dark dark days in winter in upstate ny
_DSC8568 (2).JPG
_DSC8574 (3).JPG

mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.
Michael, in general I agree that most of my bird shots have been with my 55-200 lens, but here is an example of one shot with my X100F as it was the one I had in my hands at the moment this female Junco started hopping around. It had the Fuji teleconverter which made it a 33 mm lens. This would be equivalent to a 50 mm lens on a full frame sensor.
My apologies for the shot being from last October, but I think it serves as an example.

You'll see that it's quite a severe crop, yet still works. First the cropped image and below the uncropped.

female Junco searching for food

50727409022_a472308c56_c.jpg

Yes there is a bird in the photo, but with out serious cropping the bird is not the focus.

sleist

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

I think you might be limiting yourself with respect to the creativity that comes from working with what you have. I get a lot of satisfaction working around the "limitations" of my gear. These limitations can be a source of inspiration. No, I won't get an amazing shot with feather detail using a D700 and 50mm f/1.4D (unless I actually shoot the bird first), but thinking outside the box and taking advantage of the limitations can lead to interesting results.

The challenge was only "photos of birds" after all.

Reactions: PJM

Photo Lady

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Most reactions

New Topics