Weekly challenge 1/30 - 2/5 Architectural Angles

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post photos featuring architectural angles. Day or night, indoors or out, color or black and white, wide shot or abstract - looking forward to seeing your angle! Save the curves for another day.

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

How to Photograph Architecture: The Complete Guide

10 Architectural Photography Tips To Get The Ultimate Shot

[URL="https://expertphotography.com/complete-guide-architecture-photography-98-tips/"]The Ultimate Guide to Architecture Photography (98 Tips!)
[/URL]

So I set out to take a night shot of a new bridge over the Anacostia River as a submission for the challenge. It is not lighted. But, near it is Audi stadium. Good light. Lots of angles. Boring.

So I thought I'd take some shots of a different bridge from a spot in East Potomac Park. I shot them from a pedestrian bridge that connects the shore to a small barge that serves as a dock for water taxis. As I was about to leave I glanced look at the little bridge I had just stood on and thought it would make an interesting subject for the challenge:

R6__5037WaterBridge1-rs.jpg

...and if you stand on it and look North you see this:

R6__5044NightWater5-rs.jpg

When I saw the challenge for this week I immediately thought of giant skyscrapers and fancy modern buildings. Then I remembered the closest city to where I live has about 80 people in it and not much you're going to see in an architectural magazine. So, I give you Architectural Angles of Decay.
DSC_8502-Edit-1.jpg

DSC_8509-1.jpg

IMG-6787-1.jpg

Sorry - best I could do. My shutter is set to Glamour Priority and it will not release unless there's a woman in the viewfinder. :)

2021_0201_16385400-01-01.jpeg

So, I give you Architectural Angles of Decay.

I'd like to see the second one in b&w. It reminds me of "Grapes of Wrath".
DSC_8509-2.jpg

I seem to get a lot of noise in the sky when I process photos and B&W made me realize I have a lot of dust on the lens or sensor. If you or anyone wants to do B&W conversion, I'd welcome it.

I seem to get a lot of noise in the sky when I process photos and B&W made me realize I have a lot of dust on the lens or sensor. If you or anyone wants to do B&W conversion, I'd welcome it.

I like the grain (noise) in black and white images. Digital is too clean.

Last edited:
I made a quick trip over to McNary Dam. It's more interesting when some or all of the flood gates are open, but they were shut and things below the dam were calm. Also, I'm not sure if power lines qualify as architecture, but they certainly have lots of angles.
DSC_8548-1.jpg
DSC_8537-1.jpg
DSC_8556-1.jpg
DSC_8568-1.jpg
DSC_8545-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back