Weekly challenge 10/16 - 10/22 Free Fallin

FALLCHC41 (3).jpg

The only thing that changes with the seasons here is the temperature. Otherwise it's faux fall. Edit: I forgot to adjust the WB on the first image in the original post.

Fall Candle s 5446.jpeg

Fall Pepper s 5444.jpeg

Fall Sign s 5440.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess you don’t get much foliage? Must be great for astrophotography.
....must try it. Skies are a huge feature here. Other pluses are the altitude so less atmosphere to shoot through, drier clear air, less than average cloud cover and the almost lack of light pollution. I grew up in Eastern Ontario so I do miss the fall colors though.

colors getting a little more intense..overall not a great year for color
DSC_8644 (3).JPG

colors getting a little more intense..overall not a great year for color View attachment 249895
I agree, it has not been a great year. All the rain we got in the summer and the lack of any really cold nights except for in the mountains has totally turned most of the trees brown instead of red or orange. The rest are still green!

Here, Fall colour can be chancy and most years fleeting. This year's drought and extremely dry Summer didn't help either. Best we can hope for are yellows and some rusts. Some years, the aspens are prompted to show us some orange.
Here's a couple from the files taken with my first digital, a Kodak D3600, on one of the better years, along the upper Highwood river on its way to the foothills.

Pic 019s.jpg

Pic 020s.jpg

Most reactions

Back