Weekly challenge 11/2 - 11/8 Abstractolutely Fabulous!

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week's challenge - create and post abstract photos using in camera and/or post processing techniques. Intentional camera movement (ICM), double exposure, macro, filters, liquefy, smudging, zoom burst... there are so many ways to create an abstract photo! And so many subjectsBut even with all of the options for creating the abstract, it's still important that the end product have a flow, a visual appeal, a certain something that catches and holds the eye! Get creative - there are no rules*.

"Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect." - Abstract art – Art Term | Tate

*As always - new photos only for the challenge please! Get out there and shoot!

The Complete Guide To Abstract Photography: 112 Great Tips

An Introduction to Abstract Photography

F2TmaxInghamfair019E.jpg

@gk fotografie I knew I'd see some very good ones from you with this challenge, abstract is certainly one of your fortes. I can see the glass art and the plant leaves as the basis for the photographs, but that butter I would never have guessed.

Thank you, I believe that's absolutely right, I think I've always been more of an artist, not to forget a (professional) designer/decorator for give or take 3 decades, which may make me look at things a bit differently than others.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back