Weekly challenge 12/1 - 12/7 The object of my affection...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As discussed in last week's thread, this week's challenge will be something new. The idea is to have a small object be in all of your challenge photos for the week. It could be a toy or a doll or a penny or a shoe or even a piece of equipment like a lens cap... something small or something that you carry around with you all the time (a key? a phone?). You can choose the item and how you use it. Will it be a Where's Waldo type of thing with the object hidden in plain sight? Will it be a theme based on the item? Will you use it in the background or the foreground? Will it be the subject of every photo or an accent? Be creative and have fun with it. There are really no rules for this one other than to please post new photos only. Get out there and shoot!

Wow! No entries yet. Ok, here goes...

First to introduce my object: This is a large piece of Tiger's Eye. A friend gave this to me when she noticed a ring I wear. I carry it with me always for good luck.

Inclusion.jpg

Tiger’s Eye is a most ancient talisman, mysterious and powerful, revered and feared - an “all-seeing all-knowing eye,” thought to grant a wearer the ability to observe everything, even through closed doors. It was chosen by the Egyptians for the eyes in their deity statues to express divine vision, and was believed to provide the protection of the sun and earth combined, of Ra, the sun god and Geb, god of the growing land. Linked to the magical tiger, the king of beasts in Eastern mythology, Tiger’s Eye portrayed courage, integrity and right use of power. Roman soldiers carried it to deflect weapons and to be brave in battle. It has been highly regarded throughout history as a stone of prosperity and good fortune, protecting one’s resources and reflecting back malice or threats from others.

My day's contribution and start of this thread that should be busy by now!

1 US 1800's Large Cent
Large Cent 2.jpg

2 Some Old Bullets
Old Bullets 2.jpg

As discussed in last week's thread, this week's challenge will be something new. The idea is to have a small object be in all of your challenge photos for the week.
This is like an art class assignment I had — 96 drawings of the same object. :)

I’ll work on this when I get home from CO.

As discussed in last week's thread, this week's challenge will be something new. The idea is to have a small object be in all of your challenge photos for the week.
This is like an art class assignment I had — 96 drawings of the same object. :)

I’ll work on this when I get home from CO.

You will be busy! You still have voting for November POTM too;)

I'll do my best to get mine in today or tomorrow!

Apologies for not being more active with the challenges lately. This is a very busy time for me at work plus doing some remodeling and redecorating at home so have been flat out for a few weeks... I owe photos to the last 3 or 4 challenges! I'll do my best to catch up soon but it's looking like 2019 is going to be a crazy year at work and with personal stuff. I prefer a more sedate, not overbooked, pace to life so I'm not thrilled at all the crazy busy madness that is about to happen. Trying to martini my way through it! Actually, if I had chosen a martini glass as the "object of my affection", I probably would have had more than enough entries lol.

I'm in the same boat, really want to get some lens time in but it seems Saturday is the only chance I get, and lately even that has been booked. :(

Apologies for not being more active with the challenges lately. This is a very busy time for me at work plus doing some remodeling and redecorating at home so have been flat out for a few weeks... I owe photos to the last 3 or 4 challenges! I'll do my best to catch up soon but it's looking like 2019 is going to be a crazy year at work and with personal stuff. I prefer a more sedate, not overbooked, pace to life so I'm not thrilled at all the crazy busy madness that is about to happen. Trying to martini my way through it! Actually, if I had chosen a martini glass as the "object of my affection", I probably would have had more than enough entries lol.

Hope the madness settles soon or you find a way to cope ( other than the martini, lol. We don't need drunken photos! ).

I'm in the same boat, really want to get some lens time in but it seems Saturday is the only chance I get, and lately even that has been booked. :(

I work odd days, so am usually only able to participate 2 or 3 days per week, so I understand your situation. Carry on!

I definitely wanted to take part in this challenge, but quite unexpectedly I'd to do tests in the hospital during several days this week, so enthusiasm is gone a bit at the moment. When I've my ICD pacemaker implanted next Monday, it's not allowed to lift anything heavier than 1 kilo or reach my hands/forearms above my shoulders for a period of 2 months, so I'm really very sorry to pass all weekly challenges up to February 2019...

Good luck with the procedure. I hope everything works well and you are back to posting your wonderful work soon! Take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders so we can enjoy your work!

I definitely wanted to take part in this challenge, but quite unexpectedly I'd to do tests in the hospital during several days this week, so enthusiasm is gone a bit at the moment. When I've my ICD pacemaker implanted next Monday, it's not allowed to lift anything heavier than 1 kilo or reach my hands/forearms above my shoulders for a period of 2 months, so I'm really very sorry to pass all weekly challenges up to February 2019...

Take care of yourself and follow dr’s instructions. Hope you’re feeling better soon.

Most reactions

Back