Weekly challenge 12/15 - 12/21 Deck the halls

Yes with buttercream icing and sprinkles. The cookies have whole cream and butter too. I make mine small so you could probably have 6 or so no problem.

There's roughly 160 calories in a sugar cookie from the bakery section, and my daily goal is 1,970 so, that's just over 12 cookies and nothing else!! LOL I will admit there are days lately when I might consider that. We've been on the diet just over a month now, and I've lost about 12 lbs. but I've hit a plateau the last few days, where I'm not losing much but the body is craving anything sweet. About another 5#, and I can start leveling out to the maintain weight and hopefully satisfy some of sweet cravings.

Last edited:
I made lemoncello sugar cookies last week for a cookie swap. They were a hit. You substitute 1/4 cup lemoncello for some of the butter and make the icing with powdered sugar and lemoncello. My ex’s nana used to make home made lemoncello but I just bought mine at the liquor store.

Princess and I are making sugar cookies on Sunday with some of our friends (moms and daughters). There will be mimosas or Christmas themed drinks for the moms. The tipsy baker will likely make her annual appearance by batch #3. Maybe we’ll have Christmosas?

DCC57C14-68E8-40E9-8F2F-78609F7F4FD0.jpeg

Ingredients
2 oz. sparkling wine or champagne

2 oz. cranberry juice

Splash of orange liqueur

Rosemary springs to garnish

Sugared cranberries to garnish

Instructions
  1. Pour sparkling wine and cranberry juice into champagne flute.
  2. Add a splash of orange liqueur.
  3. Garnish with rosemary springs and sugared cranberries

Hi all. We’re going to continue this one through next week with an added subject of festive food to go with the decorations.

E04778B1-306C-4CD2-AC12-71A402045FF2.jpeg

I made lemoncello sugar cookies last week for a cookie swap. They were a hit. You substitute 1/4 cup lemoncello for some of the butter and make the icing with powdered sugar and lemoncello. My ex’s nana used to make home made lemoncello but I just bought mine at the liquor store.

Princess and I are making sugar cookies on Sunday with some of our friends (moms and daughters). There will be mimosas or Christmas themed drinks for the moms. The tipsy baker will likely make her annual appearance by batch #3. Maybe we’ll have Christmosas?

View attachment 166987

Ingredients
2 oz. sparkling wine or champagne

2 oz. cranberry juice

Splash of orange liqueur

Rosemary springs to garnish

Sugared cranberries to garnish

Instructions
  1. Pour sparkling wine and cranberry juice into champagne flute.
  2. Add a splash of orange liqueur.
  3. Garnish with rosemary springs and sugared cranberries

That looks so refreshing! Adding to my shopping list. The orange liqueur goes into my cranberry sauce. Love the flavor.

In my family it has been customary to decorate the Christmas tree with Christmas wreaths of chocolate, chocolate with a filling and Christmas wreaths of marzipan. In Dutch we call them: kerstkransjes.
Where this 'ritual' comes from I don't know, but it's a habit I still continue and in my wife's family this way of decorating the Christmas tree has also penetrated. Could it be this way of decorating a Christmas tree is also known in the States, due to Dutch settlers?

chococomp.jpg

Most reactions

Back