Weekly challenge 3/2 - 38 - the early bird catches the ...

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sunrise! Get up and get out there early. Capture the early morning light when everything is beautiful. This is the best time of year for sunrise photos (in the US at least) as sunrise is an easy 6:30am - you can roll out of bed at 6 instead of the dead of summer 4am wake up! Photos for this week don't have to be sunrise, just taken in the early morning soft light. Any subject! As always, new photos only please. Get out there and shoot!

8 Simple Guidelines for Capturing Spectacular Sunrise and Sunset Images

Best Tips for Sunrise and Sunset Photos from Nikon

Everyone slept in this weekend?

Sunrises are a cruel myth, we just get grey skies, blowing snow and closed roads around here. However, I keep checking this thread to get a reminder of what the sun looks like.

The sun will kill you.

Yes, unfortunately. Had a great idea, too. Needed the sleep. Been working long hours because of the snow and moving the snow. The sun did come out Saturday morning, but I slept too late. Cloudy Sunday morning. Came out later. Can't win.

Sounds like it may show this week. The days are getting longer. May have to take camera with me.

Sun finally today but 2 degrees windchill this morning. If I were at the sunny warm beach I would try to get a sunrise.

We may have to redo this challenge in June

Guess nobody wants a worm this week.

It's currently not really interesting over here in the morning, it's rather cold, lots of rain and strong gusts of wind.
Don't ask me to go out that early!
I think it's actually not a bad idea to have more challenges for indoors in the winter, because 'photography' does not just have to be outdoors. Maybe think of close-up/macro or abstract (photograph a cut paprika, tomato or passion fruit and use extension-rings, bellows or macrolens) or make a double exposure indoors or use "B" with your camera. In addition, I think the winter period is very suitable to have some challenges with 'creative photo editing' because I believe this will provide extra technical/creative skills and lots of inspiration for everyone.

Gerard

Does a mobile phone shot of sunrise from a plane count ..... ?
20190303_193610_20190305174405620.jpg

It's currently not really interesting over here in the morning, it's rather cold, lots of rain and strong gusts of wind.
Don't ask me to go out that early!
I think it's actually not a bad idea to have more challenges for indoors in the winter, because 'photography' does not just have to be outdoors. Maybe think of close-up/macro or abstract (photograph a cut paprika, tomato or passion fruit and use extension-rings, bellows or macrolens) or make a double exposure indoors or use "B" with your camera. In addition, I think the winter period is very suitable to have some challenges with 'creative photo editing' because I believe this will provide extra technical/creative skills and lots of inspiration for everyone.

Gerard

Excellent point. Will keep that in mind for next week.

Most reactions

Back